PDA

View Full Version : Unholy Toughness on a Necropolitan?

Talbot
2011-02-01, 09:42 PM
I could have sworn it was just a feat that any undead can take, but now I can't seem to find it anywhere. Help?

tyckspoon
2011-02-01, 09:43 PM
It's not. Sorry. It's a specific special quality that shows up on certain undead in the later portion of 3.5 development.

LOTRfan
2011-02-01, 09:49 PM
Have you considered Improved Toughness? You need to have a base fortitude save of +2 and it only grants 1 hp/level, but it is better than nothing. :smallfrown:

Jack_Simth
2011-02-01, 09:53 PM
I could have sworn it was just a feat that any undead can take, but now I can't seem to find it anywhere. Help?
If you can convince your DM to use the Pathfinder Undead Type, you're golden, as while it drops your hit dice to d8's, it gives you Charisma to HP as though it were con.

Denomar
2011-02-02, 12:05 AM
This is cheesy beyond belief. And it takes a very caring dm to let this fly.

The secret is that the ritual of crucimigration is for all intents and purposes a magical ritual, and can thus be performed upon you....

....By a dread necromancer. With the corpsecrafted feat chain.

Say that you are a corpsecrafted necropolitan made by dread necro with the feats Corpsecrafter, Nimble Bones, Hardened Flesh and Bolster Resistance.

And that the ritual took place on desecrated ground.

You'll end up with a grand total of +4 str, +4 dex, +4 initiative, +2 natural armor, +10 ft movement, +4 turn resistance. And +6 hitpoints per hitdie.

And of course all the other necropolitan undead traits.

So yes, Swiss, Camembert, and a hint of Emynthal.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-02-02, 12:10 AM
Add that one feat that gives you a d6 of cold damage just for lolz....

Czin
2011-02-02, 06:37 AM
This is cheesy beyond belief. And it takes a very caring dm to let this fly.

The secret is that the ritual of crucimigration is for all intents and purposes a magical ritual, and can thus be performed upon you....

....By a dread necromancer. With the corpsecrafted feat chain.

Say that you are a corpsecrafted necropolitan made by dread necro with the feats Corpsecrafter, Nimble Bones, Hardened Flesh and Bolster Resistance.

And that the ritual took place on desecrated ground.

You'll end up with a grand total of +4 str, +4 dex, +4 initiative, +2 natural armor, +10 ft movement, +4 turn resistance. And +6 hitpoints per hitdie.

And of course all the other necropolitan undead traits.

So yes, Swiss, Camembert, and a hint of Emynthal.

Then take improved toughness, and you'll be swimming in hit points, though an optimized fighter, barbarian, or CoDzilla with buffs and/or wildshape will still probably have more hit points than you.

Runestar
2011-02-02, 06:42 AM

I believe it is a forsaken only feat in the warcraft rpg book.