PDA

View Full Version : Siberys level Aberrent Dragonmarks

Matamane
2011-02-01, 09:48 PM
is there a prestige class that advances an Aberrent Dragonmark like the Heir of Siberys? Alternatively, is there a way to mix dragonmarks?

The-Mage-King
2011-02-01, 09:56 PM
Child of Khyber (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ebds/20070416a). Basically an adjusted Dragonmark Heir.

Matamane
2011-02-02, 02:11 AM
I'm looking for an adjusted Heir of Syberys though

mabriss lethe
2011-02-02, 02:13 AM
I don't think there's a PrC that duplicates Siberys marks for aberrants.

Matamane
2011-02-02, 02:18 AM
Funny, there are images of what appears to be a Siberys level aberrent mark in the Child of Khyber article and Dragonmarked books

Alleran
2011-02-02, 07:55 AM
I'm looking for an adjusted Heir of Syberys though
I don't think they exist, since there's nothing in the setting (I'm not supremely well-versed in Eberron, though, so I could be wrong) that serves as a counterpart to a Siberys mark, either in background or in mechanics. Siberys marks are, well, special. Aberrant marks are potentially powerful, but a Siberys mark is something else entirely.

Matamane
2011-02-02, 08:11 AM
It should be something easy to homebrew either way

Greenish
2011-02-02, 08:16 AM
I don't think they exist, since there's nothing in the setting (I'm not supremely well-versed in Eberron, though, so I could be wrong) that serves as a counterpart to a Siberys mark, either in background or in mechanics. Siberys marks are, well, special. Aberrant marks are potentially powerful, but a Siberys mark is something else entirely.Some of the aberrant dragonmarks prior to and during the War of the Mark were hugely powerful, rivaling or even exceeding what the current Siberys marks can do. Tarkanan and his Mistress, the Lady of Plague, destroyed Sharn* with their powers, and many of the Lady's creations still plague the lower parts of the city.

*It got better.

Alleran
2011-02-02, 08:46 AM
Some of the aberrant dragonmarks prior to and during the War of the Mark were hugely powerful, rivaling or even exceeding what the current Siberys marks can do. Tarkanan and his Mistress, the Lady of Plague, destroyed Sharn* with their powers, and many of the Lady's creations still plague the lower parts of the city.
I stand corrected.

And now, in the ancient tradition of the Internet, I must hate you and shout incessantly with numerous curses upon your name and that of your family. :smallsmile:

Postscript: Where's the information on the aberrant dragonmarks, the War of the Mark and the power of said dragonmarks? It sounds interesting - perhaps they were boosted via magic once created? Of course, if the power was "inbuilt" then given the effects of lesser aberrant dragonmarks somebody with a Siberys-level aberrant mark would probably show definite evidence of it, either upon himself or on the surrounding area.

Greenish
2011-02-02, 08:50 AM
Postscript: Where's the information on the aberrant dragonmarks, the War of the Mark and the power of said dragonmarks? It sounds interesting - perhaps they were boosted via magic once created? Of course, if the power was "inbuilt" then given the effects of lesser aberrant dragonmarks somebody with a Siberys-level aberrant mark would probably show definite evidence of it, either upon himself or on the surrounding area.Sharn: the City of Towers and Dragonmarked both devote some time for the aberrant marks. I got the distinct impression that the strength of the pre-war Aberrant marks was inherent. Indeed, the War of the Mark was at least partially triggered by the trend of stronger and stronger aberrant marks.

Matamane
2011-02-02, 08:52 AM
Is there a way to get both a dragonmark and abherrant mark

Greenish
2011-02-02, 08:53 AM
Is there a way to get both a dragonmark and abherrant markYes, take Leadership. :smallwink:

For the same character, no.

Tokuhara
2011-02-02, 01:19 PM
From a player's standpoint, which would be better: Aberrant or Regular dragonmarks? I planned on rolling up a Dragonmark-based PC, who while has limited casting (warlock), uses his Dragonmark/Aberrant Dragonmark to fill the gaps in his invocations

Greenish
2011-02-02, 01:24 PM
From a player's standpoint, which would be better: Aberrant or Regular dragonmarks?Regular. You get to be called "Lord/Lady Suchandsuch", you've got family/allies in a powerful mercantile family, and superstitious peasants and/or huge and powerful monopolies do not want to hunt you down and kill you.

[Edit]: Aberrant has more freedom to pick the abilities, and the caster level scales with your character level.

Tokuhara
2011-02-02, 01:31 PM
Regular. You get to be called "Lord/Lady Suchandsuch", you've got family/allies in a powerful mercantile family, and superstitious peasants and/or huge and powerful monopolies do not want to hunt you down and kill you.

[Edit]: Aberrant has more freedom to pick the abilities, and the caster level scales with your character level.

Well, as a Warlock, I'd already be hunted by the magistrate, so Aberrant seems more fair, since I am a pariah as it stands and it can also let me fill in the proverbial blanks

Greenish
2011-02-02, 01:32 PM
Well, as a Warlock, I'd already be hunted by the magistrateWho? :smallconfused:

Tokuhara
2011-02-02, 01:37 PM
Who? :smallconfused:

a group of Mage-Kings who rule the kingdoms of the campaign I'm in

Greenish
2011-02-02, 01:39 PM
a group of Mage-KingsOh, you're not playing in Eberron. Then the flavour probably doesn't matter much. I'd recommend you look the pure marks up to see if there's any that lines up what you want to do, and then compare to the aberrant SLAs.

Tokuhara
2011-02-02, 01:45 PM
Oh, you're not playing in Eberron. Then the flavour probably doesn't matter much. I'd recommend you look the pure marks up to see if there's any that lines up what you want to do, and then compare to the aberrant SLAs.

alrighty....

MeeposFire
2011-02-02, 04:51 PM
I find that most aberrant dragon marks are not worth it. Though I tend to not value blasting very much.

Greenish
2011-02-02, 05:10 PM
I find that most aberrant dragon marks are not worth it. Though I tend to not value blasting very much.Well, least and lesser have some utility too (False Life, Darkvision, Suggestion, Feather Fall, Jump, Light, Floating Disc, Pass Without Trace, Shield).

Greater has stuff like Cloudkill, Enervation and Dominate Person which can be pretty nice.

Benejeseret
2011-02-02, 07:38 PM
http://www.oocities.com/valmothg/HeirOfKhyber.pdf

Something I just found - homebrew by a Peter Gooding 3/6/2006 (not mine)

I have always thought of the Mark of Madness / Khyber as an igraded form, it added into and as well as improved Greater Aberrant Mark (Dragonmarked) must be really big in size and complexity

Tokuhara
2011-02-02, 11:28 PM
http://www.oocities.com/valmothg/HeirOfKhyber.pdf

Something I just found - homebrew by a Peter Gooding 3/6/2006 (not mine)

I have always thought of the Mark of Madness / Khyber as an igraded form, it added into and as well as improved Greater Aberrant Mark (Dragonmarked) must be really big in size and complexity

That PrC is broken..... Plain and simple...

and for me, aberrant seems more fitting to "fill in the blank spots." Dunno which one I want, but Cloudkill could be fun...

Greenish
2011-02-03, 10:49 AM
That PrC is broken..... Plain and simple...Broken how? It's pretty much a carbon-copy of the Heir of Siberys. None of those SLAs is particularly broken, and the rest of the class features are pretty minor.