PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 3: Not working on windows 7...

Rising Phoenix
2011-02-01, 10:40 PM
Hey folks.

Bought Fallout 3 GOTY the other day and though it instals fine. I get this error when trying to launch it:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks/Fallout 3/xlive.dll is either not designed to run on windows or contains an error"

Anyone know of a fix?

:(

Thanks in advance!

RP

Demon 997
2011-02-01, 11:01 PM
I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling to start. I don't have Fallout 3, but NV (which is the same engine) runs fine on my machine.

Hawriel
2011-02-01, 11:08 PM
I found that it doesnt like quad cores

Rising Phoenix
2011-02-02, 01:30 AM
Demon: Tried that... several times...no luck :-(

Hawriel: Read about that. Apparently there's a way to make it run of one or something...

factotum
2011-02-02, 02:50 AM
You need to look at setting the affinity of the Fallout process if you want it to run on only one core. The error certainly doesn't sound like a crash due to wrong number of cores, though.

Androgeus
2011-02-02, 06:16 AM
After a quick googling, it seems that file is to do with windows live ( I had a feeling it would). There are two solutions you could try. Firstly see if you actually have windows live installed ( there is probably an installer on the disk) or you could download this (http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1086://) windows live disabler.

Rising Phoenix
2011-02-02, 06:59 AM
Hey folks

The issues have solved. For the windows live one, I just removed the damn thing from the game's directory. Then it kept crashing, I just coded it so that it would run of two cores rather than all four.

Thanks for your suggestions and help :-)

R.P.