PDA

View Full Version : Warforged Template Issue [3.e]

Moose Man
2011-02-02, 12:16 AM
There is nothing I can find with my horrible google-fu that is worth taking, but what is a worthwhile template that warforged actually qualify for. that isn't incarnate construct.

MeeposFire
2011-02-02, 12:20 AM
There is nothing I can find with my horrible google-fu that is worth taking, but what is a worthwhile template that warforged actually qualify for. that isn't incarnate construct.

Is there a reason why you need to have a template? It is far easier to think of templates if you gave a fluff or a power reason why you want a template.

Moose Man
2011-02-02, 12:22 AM
i generally play as a min/maxer

Dusk Eclipse
2011-02-02, 12:28 AM
i generally play as a min/maxer

So if you min/max your character.. you MUST use a template?:smallconfused:

Still... I think Lolth Touched Dark Incarnate Construct Warforged is the best you can have for the low price of + 0 LA (add dragonborn for the Mecha god-zilla look if you want)

Moose Man
2011-02-02, 12:30 AM
i don't HAVVE to, but if i have that option, it would be nice.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-02-02, 12:42 AM
Ok, what are your goals for this character? that would be quite helpful for us to find a template that you might like or use.

Also the problem with templating Warforged is that I find difficult to justify most templates as they are inherited, and warforged are constructed not born.

CycloneJoker
2011-02-02, 12:48 AM

Primordial Draconic half-Ogre Incarnate Construct Warforged. Done. LA 0.

Claudius Maximus
2011-02-02, 12:53 AM
Hey guys.

that isn't incarnate construct.

Just sayin'.

CycloneJoker
2011-02-02, 01:10 AM
Hey guys.

Just sayin'.

Primordial Draconic half-Ogre Incarnate Construct Warforged. Done. LA 0.

Incarnate is the only playable construct template, gives -2 LA, and makes you a humanoid. Thus, it is mandatory. Therefor, this turns into "What can I do with 2 LA?"

Coidzor
2011-02-02, 01:11 AM
Hmm. They might qualify for a template from the Dragonlance bestiary of krynn that's intended to make constructs intelligent and have access to a single domain worth of spells that they would be devoted to. But that depends upon your tolerance for 3rd party material.

tyckspoon
2011-02-02, 10:17 AM
Also the problem with templating Warforged is that I find difficult to justify most templates as they are inherited, and warforged are constructed not born.

That just makes it easier, at least in my mind- the tricky part is just finding templates that allow Constructs. How it got there? The creator of the Warforged just used some exotic components. Use dragon's blood in the ichor/sap/blood substitute-> Draconic Warforged, or a Half-Dragon if you used enough dragon bits. Perform the magic at a Consecrated shrine of your god-> Celestial/Fiendish 'forged (well, Half-Celestial/Fiend, maybe, since Constructs don't qualify for Celestial/Fiendish.) Being constructed means you don't have to worry about bizarre genealogies, you just build it the way you want it to come out.

Psyren
2011-02-02, 11:22 AM
Incarnate is the only playable construct template, gives -2 LA, and makes you a humanoid. Thus, it is mandatory. Therefor, this turns into "What can I do with 2 LA?"

The OP didn't mention LA at all though, just that he didn't want IC.

CycloneJoker
2011-02-02, 11:26 AM
The OP didn't mention LA at all though, just that he didn't want IC.

He said he was a minmaxer, and LA is "No or Stay Low," thus I can assume that he wants exactly 2 LA, and I gave that to him. It counteracts most of the penalties, loses some bonuses, but you're large.

Psyren
2011-02-02, 11:30 AM
He said he was a minmaxer, and LA is "No or Stay Low," thus I can assume that he wants exactly 2 LA, and I gave that to him.

:smallconfused::smallconfused:
I don't see him asking for exactly 2 LA either?

Where are you getting all this??

Coidzor
2011-02-02, 11:33 AM
Dragonborn is generally considered to be an option even without incarnate construct.

Urpriest
2011-02-02, 11:39 AM
Note that most of the Half-templates merely require you to be corporeal. Constructs are fine. So most of those will work, though they aren't exactly min-maxing.

CycloneJoker
2011-02-02, 11:44 AM
:smallconfused::smallconfused:
I don't see him asking for exactly 2 LA either?

Where are you getting all this??

Incarnate Construct is -2 LA, giving you 2 LA to work with.

Coidzor
2011-02-02, 11:50 AM

Or, with buyoff, up to 5 LA.

Psyren
2011-02-02, 11:55 AM

Right, and he explicitly didn't want Incarnate Construct.
Admittedly, he isn't clear on whether that means he's already taken it, or just wants to avoid it altogether (due to DM ban etc.)

CycloneJoker
2011-02-02, 12:11 PM
Right, and he explicitly didn't want Incarnate Construct.
Admittedly, he isn't clear on whether that means he's already taken it, or just wants to avoid it altogether (due to DM ban etc.)

Since he specifically said he was powergaming, I assumed he just didn't want to take such a bad template by itself, but since I have made it good, it should be fine.

Also, that. I lack sufficient info to give a perfect answer.

MeeposFire
2011-02-03, 02:11 AM
Is it worth it? Probably not. Is it possible? Yes.

Half dragon template. It is pointed out as a possible combo in the official FAQ as it requires a living creature and you are living.

So halfdragon warforged? Dragon though a creation forge was its mate/ Used unusual creation practices? You decide!

2xMachina
2011-02-03, 04:40 AM
Dragonborn is always good. (except in some cases)

You lose next to nothing. (Keep Body feats, keep type and immunities. Lose slam, composite plating/fortification)
Gain: Good stuff.

Tokuhara
2011-02-03, 08:19 PM
I hate to even suggest it, but quorcraft may be more interesting. Granted, you lose your intelligence score, but you could debate with your DM to allow you to keep your intelligence. If anything, take a feat and become a psiforged and pretend to be shale from Dragon Age

HunterOfJello
2011-02-03, 08:29 PM
The Saint template is always available.

Coidzor
2011-02-03, 09:27 PM
I hate to even suggest it, but quorcraft may be more interesting. Granted, you lose your intelligence score, but you could debate with your DM to allow you to keep your intelligence. If anything, take a feat and become a psiforged and pretend to be shale from Dragon Age

Quorcraft? What's that from?

D Knight
2011-02-03, 09:53 PM
I would argue that Warforged are born in a way,i.e. the creation forge. You could always say that the blood of some creature or spell was cast into the creation forge as you were created. heck i had a half-dragon Warforged in a campaign

Moose Man
2011-02-04, 04:27 PM
I'm away from my books currently, but what does the dragonborn template entail?

Coidzor
2011-02-04, 04:41 PM
I'm away from my books currently, but what does the dragonborn template entail?

Lose racial bonus feats, keep racial stat modifiers, gain 2 con and I believe lose 2 dex, choose one of three draconic aspects which grant wings whose ability to fly scales with HD, a breath weapon, or a third option that I have forgotten

Tokuhara
2011-02-04, 05:33 PM
Quorcraft? What's that from?

Secrets of Xen'drik