PDA

View Full Version : Obtaining Bonus Feats

Gaiyamato
2011-02-02, 04:42 AM
There was a thread, on the wizards forums I think, that listed ways to get more bonus feats and unique ways to obtains feats for Prc qualification etc.
But I cannot seem to find the link.

Anyone else know where it is?

gbprime
2011-02-02, 09:55 AM
If your DM wants you to, you can visit some of the locations listed in Complete Mage or Complete Scoundrel, the ones that give you permanent feats as a reward. An even more lenient DM might even let you retrain said feat into a different one that you could have obtained at the time you visited. (And at high levels, Embrace/Shun the Dark Chaos will definately do it.)

Cog
2011-02-02, 09:58 AM
You're probably remembering the Lists of Stuff (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19871954/Lists_of_Stuff).

Tokuhara
2011-02-02, 01:08 PM
I suggest a:

Race: Empty Vessle (Secrets of Sarlona. Essentially, psychic human)
Class: Psi Warrior 5/Human Paragon 3/Psi Warrior 12

you get 9 bonus feats and psionics. Enjoy

Lans
2011-02-02, 02:16 PM
Pact Infernus from one of the fiendish codexes let you sell your soul for 2 free feats.
Taint.
Flaws
Class.
Worship an Elder Evil
I think thats all.

Ernir
2011-02-02, 02:35 PM
Here's one for magic items... (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19871950/Items_that_Grant_Feats)

Person_Man
2011-02-02, 02:57 PM
Chameleon is noteworthy in that you can choose one different bonus feat each day. This is an excellent dip for many builds. A psionic class gets a floating power via Expanded Knowledge. A Warlock or Dragonfire Adept gets a floating Invocation via Extra Invocation. Anyone can access certain vestige abilities with the Bind Vestige and Improved Bind Vestige feats. Anyone can get a floating maneuver or stance via Martial Study and Martial Stance. And anyone can get a floating soulmeld or chakra bind via Shape Soulmeld or Open Least/Lesser/Greater Chakra. Tome of Battle and Magic of Incarnum are particularly important in that the options scale well at higher levels, granting abilities like Pounce, Evasion, ethereal movement, displacement, Sneak Attack, flight, etc.

There's also the Heroics spell (Spell Compendium) which gives you a Fighter bonus feat of your choice that you otherwise qualify for. As a 2nd level Sorcerer Wizard spell, it's quite easy for you to cast yourself or put in a wand. It lasts 10 minutes per level, so you rarely need to bother with Persistent Spell or other chicanery.

pilvento
2011-02-02, 03:10 PM
Flaws form unhearted arcana??

Aemoh87
2011-02-02, 03:45 PM
any idea where that "Pact Infernus" is, since it really fits a character I have been working on for a while. Very cool flavor... and the mechanics are alright too.

MeeposFire
2011-02-02, 04:44 PM
Aren't there a couple of spells from the fiendish codex that allow you to trade feats you already have (such as armor and weapon prof) for new feats?

Ernir
2011-02-02, 05:07 PM
Aren't there a couple of spells from the fiendish codex that allow you to trade feats you already have (such as armor and weapon prof) for new feats?
That's the Chaos Shuffle, based around the Embrace the Dark Chaos and Shun the Dark Chaos, from the Fiendish Codex I.

Doesn't work on armor proficiencies, unless you actually took a feat for that. Doesn't work on weapon proficiencies either, unless you have taken or received the feats to make you proficient in them (which, incidentally, elves do...).

any idea where that "Pact Infernus" is, since it really fits a character I have been working on for a while. Very cool flavor... and the mechanics are alright too.

Don't know about an Infernal Pact, but there are Faustian Pacts in the Fiendish Codex II. They can grant (a) feat(s), at the small price of your eternal soul.

EvilJoe15
2011-02-02, 05:17 PM
I just had a thought, not a complete idea, but just a thought.

What if you Alter Self into an elf, then do the Chaos Shuffle, would the feats stay, or go away when Alter Self ends?

JaronK
2011-02-02, 06:35 PM
Binder/Anima Mage binding Astaroth can pick a new item creation feat each day, which is handy. Wyrm of War dragons get a bonus feat every 4 levels. The Dark Chaos Shuffle would give elves tons of bonus feats too.

JaronK

Gaiyamato
2011-02-03, 08:30 AM
You're probably remembering the Lists of Stuff (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19871954/Lists_of_Stuff).

No there was a specific thread that listed all of the ways to gain more feats, including the temples and Vile feats for serving elder evils etc.

I was trying to find something like the Frog God's Fane for gaining Alertness was all.

Greenish
2011-02-03, 10:20 AM
I was trying to find something like the Frog God's Fane for gaining Alertness was all.Isn't Frog God's Fane for Skill Focus (Know: Religion)?

Lans
2011-02-03, 01:03 PM
Don't know about an Infernal Pact, but there are Faustian Pacts in the Fiendish Codex II. They can grant (a) feat(s), at the small price of your eternal soul.

That was what I was refering too. I misremembered the name

Gaiyamato
2011-02-03, 10:46 PM
Isn't Frog God's Fane for Skill Focus (Know: Religion)?

Yes, or Nature and one other Knowledge.. History I think.

But I am certain that there is something somewhere that gives you Alertness which is what I am trying to find. lol.

The Otyug one is useful for getting Iron Will to meet PRc pre-reqs as well.

Faustian Pacts are quite cool. If you read it allows for negotiation of extra points. A high enough level character selling thier soul can gain two feats because you only need one additional pact point.

But yes, it is a very cheap price to sell your soul for.
But think, you can combine it with the Elder Evils Vile Feats as that is only serving an Elder Evil, you still own your soul. lol.
Then flog it off for two more feats.

Aemoh87
2011-02-04, 12:27 AM
What book is the "Otyug" one in. I have a Cleric who needs iron will and I don't really wanna waste a feat.

Also any word if turning yourself into an elf then performing the chaos shuffle works?

What about swap domain for a domain with feats then doing the chaos shuffle? Would it last the length of the domain swap or would it be permanent?

gbprime
2011-02-04, 12:59 AM
Otyugh Hole is out of Complete Scoundrel. Bring some nose plugs and keep your mouth closed. :smallsigh: