PDA

View Full Version : A little Ruby Knight Vindicater help (PF)

Natael
2011-02-02, 06:59 PM
I liked the flavor and look of the RKV (and don't intend to windicator at all), so I started off heading toward it with my cleric, but am sitting conflicted on how to properly progress it. We are using pathfinder, but I can use aura castings/day instead of turn attempts. Also means I get more feats than normal.

Currently just 1st level cleric, and need to take my second. There is another, more spell focused cleric in the party, so I don't feel too pressured to keep my casting up to par, but would like to get some combat healing in (which the crusader is good for). Not sure what I'll do after RKV, or even how high our levels will get in total.

Originally was looking at c4/cru1/rkv, but now thinking of going c2/cru3/rkv to let me pick up zealous surge and snag 3rd level maneuvers at rkv 1.

What would be the best order of taking the first five levels, and if perhaps I ought to rethink how many levels of each I take before RKV.

Thanks for the help

Greenish
2011-02-02, 07:10 PM
If you're not concerned about losing caster levels, the best route to RKV would probably be something like crusader1/cleric2/crusader3. You get crusader HD and skill points to start with, not to mention the maneuvers, then gain some casting and conveniently delay the crusader 2 to IL 3 where you can select 2nd level stance. Also gets you 3rd level stance when you enter RKV.

Natael
2011-02-02, 07:14 PM
Only issue is I already took cleric 1. But going cleric 2/crus 4 before RKV would be better than just cl2/cru3?

Greenish
2011-02-02, 07:25 PM
Only issue is I already took cleric 1. But going cleric 2/crus 4 before RKV would be better than just cl2/cru3?Not really. Crusader 4 only boosts Steely Resolve from 5 to 10, but by level 6 that's not huge, and it'll steadily drop in usefulness as you level. I'd rather enter RKV for it's goodies.

Out of curiosity, which deity do you follow?

Reynard
2011-02-02, 07:34 PM
If you're not concerned about losing caster levels, the best route to RKV would probably be something like crusader1/cleric2/crusader3. You get crusader HD and skill points to start with, not to mention the maneuvers, then gain some casting and conveniently delay the crusader 2 to IL 3 where you can select 2nd level stance.

There are exactly none.

Greenish
2011-02-02, 08:02 PM
There are exactly none.Right, but if there were, you could pick 'em. :smallcool:

Natael
2011-02-02, 08:17 PM
Not really. Crusader 4 only boosts Steely Resolve from 5 to 10, but by level 6 that's not huge, and it'll steadily drop in usefulness as you level. I'd rather enter RKV for it's goodies.

Out of curiosity, which deity do you follow?

I'm a LN gnomish follower of Wee Jas.

Would Cl1/Cru1/cl1/cru2 best the best way to spread out my abilities before RKV?