PDA

View Full Version : How do you determine the Ad Hoc increase for an epic power?

gooddragon1
2011-02-02, 07:50 PM
For example, if I wanted to grant a divine rank, that would probably be fortify. I seriously doubt you could give it as a +1 bonus to "a statistic it doesn't ordinarily possess" (despite how hilarious that would be). So what would the ad hoc for doing that be (before the x5 to make permanent)? Also, what would the ad hoc to make someone immortal be (might be through a variant of origin of the species with a transmutation)? Lastly, what would an ad hoc to make a spell instantaneous instead of permanent look like? There's so many other ad hoc's I could ask but these are the most intriguing for me.

Note: I would also love if you would post any other ad hoc's you might have made and their adjustment (brief description not necessary but is cool). I love picking apart and looking at the creativity of others.

Dante & Vergil
2011-02-07, 04:42 PM
That depends on the Divine Rank you want to give them. If it's DvR 0, then probably no more than 100, at most, and can probably be quantified using normal Epic Spellcasting rules. Now if it gives DvR 1 or more, I've seen people suggest at least 300, and maybe more.