PDA

View Full Version : Call of Cthulhu Monster Competition I Chat Thread

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-02-02, 09:01 PM
Call of Cthulhu Monster Competition I
CHAT THREAD

This is where you can post chatter, critiques and commentary for this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10293179#post10293179) thread.

Bhu
2011-02-03, 06:13 AM
Oooooooh what prompted this? Me likee.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-02-03, 07:18 PM
Oooooooh what prompted this? Me likee.

I like the Vorpal Tribble's monster competitions, and I like CoC, so I deiced to merge them.

rayne_dragon
2011-02-03, 07:29 PM
I like this idea... I just wish I could submit the Eibon-monster thing I made.

Oh well, off to dream up more nameless horrors.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-02-04, 12:30 AM
I'm thinking of a submission right now. Perhaps some kind of warped intelegent plant that turns people into half-plant zombies... :smallconfused:

rayne_dragon
2011-02-04, 01:27 AM
Wasn't there a movie like that?

Actually, there's a CoC module that has something similar. I was going to use a highly modified version of it for part of a campaign I was thinking of running.

Also, I was wondering, is it typical to post a PEACH thread for creations first, or are we just supposed to stick our eldritch horrors up and hope they shamble menacingly enough on their own? (I don't usually pay a lot of attention to the monster competition threads)

Bhu
2011-02-04, 07:43 AM
http://unfilmable.blogspot.com/ For possible inspiration

LOTRfan
2011-02-04, 05:29 PM

Actually, there's a CoC module that has something similar. I was going to use a highly modified version of it for part of a campaign I was thinking of running.

Also, I was wondering, is it typical to post a PEACH thread for creations first, or are we just supposed to stick our eldritch horrors up and hope they shamble menacingly enough on their own? (I don't usually pay a lot of attention to the monster competition threads)

In the Monster Competition, you just post the monsters in the thread, and people PEACH it in the chat thread. Haven't read through all the rules here, but if you post a monster in another thread before posting it in the competition thread, that monster cannot be submitted.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-02-04, 05:40 PM

Iv'e never heard of one, but if there is I would very much like to see it.

rayne_dragon
2011-02-04, 05:41 PM
Okay, cool. Thanks for the answer.

I'll just lets these alien abominations chill in the meat locker until I feel ready to post them in the thread then. :smallbiggrin:

EDIT:
Yeah... I've got my idea done more or less. I'm just a little worried that it may be too gruesome to actually post.