PDA

View Full Version : What have you done with Plant Growth?

ShriekingDrake
2011-02-02, 11:32 PM
What are some of the interesting/effective things you've done with Plant Growth?

Volos
2011-02-03, 12:01 AM
I used it to start a war. As a druid who was disgusted with the human nations destroying the wildlife and plant life, I devised a plan. The plan was to use Plant Growth to make the crops of the weakest nation more fertile. This nation was between two larger powers. After a year or two of the weakest nation growing more and more crops, the two superpowers took notice. Both vied for the regions' abundance of food during this time of fammine. One thing led to another and the humans had a huge war that killed off most of them. While they were busy fighting their war, I was helping the forests to overgrow and retake the land. With a few awakened animals to help protect the new forests, we took the land back from the disgusting humans. Good times.

Cuaqchi
2011-02-03, 12:42 AM
AD&D; used it to save the party from the giant toilet bowl trap. Told everyone to grab a hold of the moss/lichen on the chamber walls and then Plant Growth(ed) everything to envelop the party.

ShriekingDrake
2011-02-03, 12:45 PM
@Volos: Inventive. I have used it to curry favor with a local mayor who benefited as the market improved. But I really like the idea of combining an overgrowth of the forest with awakened animals. That's very powerful.

@Cuaqchi: I can't really envision that trap. Was the idea that the sudden growth of plant life would clog the toilet?

Corronchilejano
2011-02-03, 12:56 PM
I told our druid she should take baths before coming with us to see certain important royal figures that we needed to talk to in order to stop a war. She made up a rumor with the bard that impure and treachorous people's "wastes" made certain venomous plants overgrow.

A week later oversized venomous mushrooms where growing in the acueducts of the castle, where all the nobles in the region where celebrating a meeting. There was an uprising. We were doing great until that happened.

I hated that druid ever since.

EDIT: Some spelling correction.

LansXero
2011-02-03, 01:01 PM
Could you use Plant Growth on seaweed / sargasso to entangle a ship?

Corronchilejano
2011-02-03, 01:02 PM
Could you use Plant Growth on seaweed / sargasso to entangle a ship?

Makes sense considering it works on normal weeds.

The Hound
2011-02-03, 01:34 PM
What are some of the interesting/effective things you've done with Plant Growth?

I totally ignored it :smallbiggrin:

ShriekingDrake
2011-02-03, 02:17 PM
I totally ignored it :smallbiggrin:
That's a novel approach. :smallsmile:

Cuaqchi
2011-02-03, 02:27 PM
@Cuaqchi: I can't really envision that trap. Was the idea that the sudden growth of plant life would clog the toilet?

The trap was a long hallway, wiped clean of all debris which started at a giant steel door and ended in a large cylandrical chamber. In the center of the chamber was a hole into a natural cave after a 50+ ft drop. Turns out that the metal door actually lead to a magically resevoir that the goblins would open to flood the tunnel and sweep away any heroes trying to access the dungeon.

The parties original expectation was 'Gelly Cube' so we proceeded at a slower pace to try and spot it, only to be swept up by the flood of water when we were out of position to escape the passage.

bokodasu
2011-02-03, 02:31 PM
Not terribly original, but I used it as a carrot - don't plow up any more land, and I'll make your farm more abundant. (The stick, naturally, was diminish growth.)

Aidan305
2011-02-03, 02:33 PM
Stop zombies

Quietus
2011-02-03, 02:38 PM
Campsite protection : Used it to make everything in a 100-foot-radius overgrow, with a 50-foot-radius empty spot in the middle. Makes a nice 50-foot fence around the outside of your camp (which you, as a druid, can walk through without issue!), keeping out anything but the most persistent foes.

Decorating : This one required the okay of the DM, but I used it to help decorate a fellow PC's wedding. One casting, and I was able to cause plants to grow up and over archways, already flowered and blooming, along with bushes and such. My character was the most helpful bridesmaid every that day!

Zaydos
2011-02-03, 02:40 PM
Feed a town and get wood to build siege weapons to prevent dragons from conquering a town.