PDA

View Full Version : Spells for a third level Archivist

PanNarrans
2011-02-03, 10:37 AM
So, we have an Archivist in the party. What spells are awesome? We should be able to get hold of divine scrolls pretty easily; the Archivist is a devotee of the knowledge god Mahsti, and all her fellow worshippers maintain hoards of knowledge.

The rest of the party is an Artificer, a lockdown focused Crusader (me!) and a Druid. The Druid's not focused on spellcasting, so don't worry about duplicating her list.

Psyren
2011-02-03, 11:13 AM
Read the handbooks (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?board=22.0) of every divine caster he has scrolls for, starting with Cleric and Druid. Scroll down to the "recommended spells" section

There are way too many possible spells for Archivists to give you a comprehensive recommendation; narrow it down to a short-list of what he likes and we can help you choose from there.

One that I will recommend without reservation is Lesser Restoration as a first-level spell (from the Paladin list.)

PanNarrans
2011-02-03, 04:18 PM
The character is Evil, and she wants her spell lst to reflect that. What level 1 and 2 spells are there with a nicely evil flavour?

Blinding Spittle and Spider Hand look good so far.

Edit: what's the spell that lets you learn everything in a book by touching it?

Kaww
2011-02-05, 08:52 AM
The character is Evil, and she wants her spell lst to reflect that. What level 1 and 2 spells are there with a nicely evil flavour?

Blinding Spittle and Spider Hand look good so far.

Edit: what's the spell that lets you learn everything in a book by touching it?

Scholar's touch, I think, one book per round, lvl 1 spell.