PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Nation/Civilisation RPG

Cilvyn
2011-02-03, 05:37 PM
Hello people,

I am looking for some sort of nation/civilisation builder RPG. It must have something to do with building a nation with economics military and so on. Does some of you know such systems?

Thanx!

Cilvyn

Asheram
2011-02-07, 09:56 PM
If you're playing D&D You might enjoy the Empire third party supplement from AEG

Temassasin
2011-02-07, 10:06 PM
i've always wanted to make a rpg like that

Pronounceable
2011-02-07, 10:46 PM
There was Birthright back in the day. It's more about running nations tho.

Eldan
2011-02-08, 04:23 AM
Go over to the online roleplaying forums and search around a bit. People make up their own systems for nation games all the time there. Things like Manifest Destiny 1&2, the Total War Series or my own Lords of Hell/the Elements.

Knaight
2011-02-08, 07:55 PM
Statecraft, one of the games at synapserpg.com does this. I don't know how well, as I haven't yet read it, but Synapse was incredible* and by the same guy.

*At least, it was incredible where it was clear that the author's area of expertise was being employed. The combat section had me wincing at how wrong it was.

Siosilvar
2011-02-12, 06:22 PM
Go over to the online roleplaying forums and search around a bit. People make up their own systems for nation games all the time there. Things like Manifest Destiny 1&2, the Total War Series or my own Lords of Hell/the Elements.

Manifest Destiny 2.1's threads aren't around any more, and Maldiem hasn't been on since June last year. I copied most of the rules here. (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JQZBE8Cv0aqPamGdI02lgbAdnAEAF1wg4qz6WkGJCVc/edit?hl=en&authkey=CIfgjq8J)

Ashtagon
2011-02-13, 01:28 AM
Hello people,

I am looking for some sort of nation/civilisation builder RPG. It must have something to do with building a nation with economics military and so on. Does some of you know such systems?

Thanx!

Cilvyn

* Birthright
* D&D Companion Rules Set / Rules Cyclopedia
* Traveller New Era: World Tamer's Handbook
* Aria