PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Cleric Spells for Beach Invasion

Kyouhen
2011-02-04, 10:56 AM
Greetings fellow playgrounders!

So the next session for my D&D group is going to be a little crazy. It's going to start with a battle that will involve boarding some ships, then end with an attack on a fortified beach. My character is a Cleric 7/Fiendbinder 1 and I'm wondering what spells to prepare to take the beach. My bound fiends are a chain devil and a pair of babau. The fleet warfare I'm good for, but what can/should I prepare for spells to get through the beaches?

nedz
2011-02-04, 02:44 PM
I ran one of these a couple of years back, and I was slightly miffed that the clerics just prepared Water Walk. No Fun ! So yeah - that would be a good spell to go for.

Kyouhen
2011-02-04, 03:10 PM
I ran one of these a couple of years back, and I was slightly miffed that the clerics just prepared Water Walk. No Fun ! So yeah - that would be a good spell to go for.

Hmmm, that's an idea. That and Wind Wall to keep our troops safe while we march. :smalltongue:

Telonius
2011-02-04, 03:29 PM
Cast "Summon Eastern Front?" :smallbiggrin:

What domains do you have?

At that level, you can cast use Control Water to get a 70*70*14 foot bunch of water to do whatever you want. A localized tsunami could potentially disrupt some of the defenses, or (if you're lucky) drown your opposition.

DragonBaneDM
2011-02-04, 03:29 PM
Maybe run Lesser Vigor. I'm imagining this a bit like fantasty D-Day.

If this is going to involve your enemies up on a hill in bunkers, they're too far away to be healed by it. Therefore, it'll only benefit your troops who are within range of it.

Kyouhen
2011-02-04, 04:00 PM
Cast "Summon Eastern Front?" :smallbiggrin:

What domains do you have?

At that level, you can cast use Control Water to get a 70*70*14 foot bunch of water to do whatever you want. A localized tsunami could potentially disrupt some of the defenses, or (if you're lucky) drown your opposition.

I have the Knowledge, Evil and Magic domains. So wands with wizard spells work too. And that's a good idea. So now I can use Control Water to keep enemy ships from attacking us AND drown the enemy!

Maybe run Lesser Vigor. I'm imagining this a bit like fantasty D-Day.

If this is going to involve your enemies up on a hill in bunkers, they're too far away to be healed by it. Therefore, it'll only benefit your troops who are within range of it.

Fantasy D-Day is exactly what it is. The DM fully intends to kill us, and he's throw several encounters at us so far that would have resulted in a TPK if we didn't pull some hilarious stunt he hadn't planned for. (Most recent involved fighting 3 level 8 warlocks using Darkness and Devil's Sight. He had forgotten my Babau could Dispel Magic at will, and I found out they were warlocks before the encounter started. Issuing commands early is fun. :D)

D Knight
2011-02-04, 09:39 PM
move earth, i think thats the name, could help build trenches to keep your troops out of fire from archers but not mages. a good and personal favorite divine meta-magic is reach spell +1cl but it take any touch spell and gives it a range of 30 feet.