PDA

View Full Version : Noble build advice

CycloneJoker
2011-02-04, 10:57 AM
Okay, hi, I have yet another question. Basically, I've got a character who is supposed to be a noble, and is very strict about the "Noblesse Oblige" and such, but is also attempting to take over the world, because the stupid peasants cannot be trusted to take care of themselves, and such, and thus is LE who is convinced that he's LG. So, I was trying to figure out what to do here. I've been looking at Thrallherd or Mindbender for flavor, but I can't figure out what else he should be. Any thoughts for a base?

Please and thanks for any help!

EDIT: For reference, we are starting at level 3, and have full Magic Mart access. EDIT again: Also, he very strongly believes in Divine Right, and all, and believes he "is justice," and other such things. Just a flavor thing, but I figured it should pointed out.

Cespenar
2011-02-04, 11:26 AM
Okay, on three.

Paladin! Paladin! Paladin!

Seriously though, a Paladin of Tyranny who believes to be a Paladin of Honor would be cool.

Ravens_cry
2011-02-04, 11:59 AM
Okay, on three.

Seriously though, a Paladin of Tyranny who believes to be a Paladin of Honor would be cool.
The trouble is, Paladins of Tyranny fall for doing good acts. So its pretty hard to be self deluded enough to think your Lawful Good when any single good act will make you lose all those nifty magical superpowers.
Cleric might work better, as they can get away with it.

CycloneJoker
2011-02-04, 11:59 AM
Okay, on three.

Okay, first of all, that would be awesome, but I was looking more for someone who could charm, and have a bajillion and a half minions. I'll probably dip Paladin 2, though. Maybe Sorcadin into Mindbender?

EDIT: Wait, crap, would he really lose his powers? Dang, that would have been awesome.

hewhosaysfish
2011-02-04, 12:18 PM
Oattempting to take over the world, because the stupid peasants cannot be trusted to take care of themselves

In most DnD settings, aren't most of the countries feudalisms/monarchies anyway?

CycloneJoker
2011-02-04, 08:45 PM
In most DnD settings, aren't most of the countries feudalisms/monarchies anyway?

Yeah, this person is also thinks either most aristocrats are "below" him, and thus are peasants, cannot be trusted with the peasants, or are evil.