PDA

View Full Version : Wildshape tools/ questions.

Ghotifish
2011-02-04, 11:31 AM
So. As I am a newb when it comes to shapechanging stuff, I had some questions. Where better to go than here?

1. I'm looking for a place to find a good selection of wildshape feats- I'm unable use exalted and good feats because the character is evil. Evil feats are allowed, though.

2. What actually changes when you wildshape? Str, dex, and con I know but I know there's other stuff.

3. Any magic items I should try and get? What slots are wilding clasps most effective on?

poignant123
2011-02-04, 11:39 AM
Frozen Wild Shape, from Frostburn. Cold subtype magical beasts

Nothing says awesomeness like Cryohydras.

Ravens_cry
2011-02-04, 11:41 AM
Frozen Wild Shape, from Frostburn. Cold subtype magical beasts

Nothing says awesomeness like Cryohydras.
That idea . . . :cool: leaves me cold.

Ghotifish
2011-02-04, 12:20 PM
I like this and plan on doing this. What about questions two and three?

Hazzardevil
2011-02-04, 12:25 PM
2. When you wildshape your physical stats are changed to teh chosen animal, I reccomend teh drakkensteed for something badass. You retain your ego scores and all your stuff is merged into your body.

3. In a certain book there is an effect on armor that makes you still wear it when you wildshape.

Dead_Jester
2011-02-04, 12:29 PM
What is the power level you are looking for?

Is it I'm better than the fighter at his own job normal wildshape?

Is it I'm I can do anything pretty much better than anyone, plus I get all of these goodies frozen/aberrant/dragon/whatever wildshape?

Or is it I'm teh DroodZillaz, I WIN Planar Shepperd/Action abuse/getting full casting from another class?

Oh, and if you are really mean (eg. your Dm will kill yo for this) get an Amulet of Wildshape (Magic of Faerun) or a cloak of Kaelaor (sp?) form some Dragon magazine. They both let you improve your effective wildshape level.

Ghotifish
2011-02-04, 12:38 PM
I fogot to mention. I'm actually the BBEG for the rest of the party. My DM expects me to make a really good attempt at killing all of them.

Hazzardevil
2011-02-04, 01:14 PM
See if you can get them to do something that makes them powerless, telling them that it is the only way to defeat some mega powerful lich or something.

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2011-02-04, 02:19 PM
I fogot to mention. I'm actually the BBEG for the rest of the party. My DM expects me to make a really good attempt at killing all of them.Ultimate BBEG CoDzilla build is in my build compendium. It will go as far as you want it. You have been warned of the cheese (imagine CoDzilla+twice betrayer+near spellcasting invulnerability)

casper
2011-02-04, 03:05 PM
I'll answer 3 questions with 3 Compendiums.

1. Spell Compendium: not a feat, but that's even better. "Enhance Wild Shape" spell will allow you to gain extraordinary abilities of cryohydra, which will make this form much more effective. Still no Su, which mean no frost breathig, but that would be just, you kow, overpowered for my taste. Not that Hydra shape itself isn't overpowered,though...

2. Rules Compendium. You should read about wildshape there, because with all fixes it became complicated. Like, you gain new Con score, but retain old hit points, gain special attacks, but no spesial abilities, etc...

3. Magic Item Compendium. Beastskin special quality is cheaper than Wild quality from DMG, and also, IIRC, somewhere in this book there is something, that can make magic items remain in effect while wildshaping.