PDA

View Full Version : Hate-Lord The Everything Hater, Or, How I Waste My Free Time

megabyter5
2011-02-04, 01:53 PM
So, reading through the prestige classes in Complete Divine again, I realized that the various evil and non-good PrCs were rather compatible with one another. As I am wont to do, I then began considering how they would fit together in a build. Abandoning the idea of fitting more than two PrCs into a single 20 level build, I made him a gestalt character. Normally, gestalt characters cannot have two PrCs in one level, but I got around that via generous applications of not giving a crap. Having spots not taken up at the end of the build, I filled them with barbarian levels, because he seemed like a very angry person. Also, he can cast 9th level spells from two lists, so there's that.

Ex-Druid//Ranger
Ex-Druid//Barbarian
Ex-Druid//Barbarian
Ex-Druid//Barbarian
Ex-Druid//Barbarian
Ur-Priest//Blighter
Ur-Priest//Blighter
Ur-Priest//Blighter
Ur-Priest//Blighter
Entropomancer//Ur-Priest
Entropomancer//Blighter
Entropomancer//Ur-Priest
Entropomancer//Blighter
Entropomancer//Ur-Priest
Entropomancer//Blighter
Entropomancer//Occult Slayer

I imagine him speaking in ALL CAPS, because he's just really angry that way. Anyway, that's the kind of stuff I think about. Join in next time, when we combine an animal companion, a familiar, AND a special mount!*

*: I've thought about this. It only works if you can enter Arcane Hierophant with ranger levels instead of druid levels, which seems to have been the intention, but doesn't work.

true_shinken
2011-02-04, 02:44 PM
*: I've thought about this. It only works if you can enter Arcane Hierophant with ranger levels instead of druid levels, which seems to have been the intention, but doesn't work.
Google the Supermount.

megabyter5
2011-02-04, 03:56 PM
The Supermount only addresses animal companion/special mount (which you get with a single feat), there doesn't appear to be anything about familiars. Since paladins, even with the variants in UA, cannot be part-neutral, and druids must be part-neutral, there is no way to combine all three.

Companion+Mount: Devoted Tracker feat.
Companion+Familiar: Arcane Hierophant PrC.
Familiar+Mount: Would have to be homebrewed.
All three: Only if rangers can either meet the PrC requirements, or you somehow multiclass paladin and druid. And for extra fun, it has to be paladin of freedom, because arcane hierophants must be non-lawful.

EDIT: For more clarification, rangers do not get Trackless Step; it is entirely unique to druids and required for arcane hierophant.

SurlySeraph
2011-02-04, 04:05 PM
I've seen at least one Supermount build that involved a familiar, but most don't because making a giant dragon or hippogriff or bear your familiar usually doesn't add much.

Double nines and a Supermount sounds like a nice build. Quite a bit of Entropomancer you've got there. And good on you for finding a way to use Entropomancer in a build that isn't terrible.

On a different note, he hates nature, gods, and things that exist, more or less in that order. That's hardly everything. I'm sure we could develop something much sillier (though probably much weaker), akin to the build that has enough bear (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7817785#post7817785), by going outside CDivine.

megabyter5
2011-02-04, 09:24 PM
I found another one! Complete Warrior has the Occult Slayer, so he can hate spellcasters, too! Now if only there was a PrC that gave you bonuses to fighting hypocrites...

Oh yeah, there's also the problem of making room... I can shave one level off of blighter and ur-priest without sacrificing my 9s, which gives me a total of three levels to play with. Not major, but Occult Slayer isn't a 10-level PrC anyway.

I just realized that there were two levels of entropomancer that were supposed to give +1 spellcasting level, but were after ur-priest had 10th level casting, and were on the same level as blighter. That freed up room for Occult Slayer.

Talbot
2011-02-04, 09:30 PM
The Supermount only addresses animal companion/special mount (which you get with a single feat), there doesn't appear to be anything about familiars. Since paladins, even with the variants in UA, cannot be part-neutral, and druids must be part-neutral, there is no way to combine all three.

There are no less than four Neutral Paladin variants in a Dragon Mag... I think #310. Some of them are pretty solid, and may open that door.

Corronchilejano
2011-02-04, 09:36 PM
the build that has enough bear (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7817785#post7817785)

I have added this automatically to my campaing. Wait, added it? It added itself.

megabyter5
2011-02-04, 09:47 PM
There are no less than four Neutral Paladin variants in a Dragon Mag... I think #310. Some of them are pretty solid, and may open that door.

So there are... My Google-Fu has successfully discovered that one of these (the CN anarch) has a special mount as a paladin, and is not lawful, therefore fulfilling every requirement. Thank you, Talbot!

Talbot
2011-02-04, 09:59 PM
So there are... My Google-Fu has successfully discovered that one of these (the CN anarch) has a special mount as a paladin, and is not lawful, therefore fulfilling every requirement. Thank you, Talbot!

You're quite welcome. I quite look forward to the new-and-improved Super Mount.

Jallorn
2011-02-04, 10:00 PM
Also on the topic of neutral paladin:Grey Guard.

megabyter5
2011-02-04, 10:29 PM
Also on the topic of neutral paladin:Grey Guard.

What about them? They're still Lawful Good.

Flickerdart
2011-02-05, 12:15 AM
There's a Paladin variant that trades in stuff for Favored Enemy (Evil Outsiders), so he could hate them too. Some awful barbarian PrC (Forsaker?) hates magic items and destroys them to gain power (which isn't a problem with your double nines). Pelor hates undead, so worship him, but ironically because you hate him too.

faceroll
2011-02-05, 07:27 AM
There's a Paladin variant that trades in stuff for Favored Enemy (Evil Outsiders), so he could hate them too. Some awful barbarian PrC (Forsaker?) hates magic items and destroys them to gain power (which isn't a problem with your double nines). Pelor hates undead, so worship him, but ironically because you hate him too.

Forsaker requires you to give up all spellcasting, unfortunately.

ranagrande
2011-02-05, 07:58 AM
You know, the Scout from Complete Adventurer gets Trackless Step at level 3.

true_shinken
2011-02-05, 08:16 AM
You need more Ranger is this build. Their main class feature is hating!

megabyter5
2011-02-05, 02:10 PM
You're absolutely right. I have added in a level of ranger so he can take a favored enemy. I could have changed all 5 barbarian levels to ranger and gotten two favored enemies, but I decided against it; Now he still gets rage 2/day, which I decided was a lot more suitable. After all, it would've given him a second source for animal companion, which he loses at level 6 anyway.