PDA

View Full Version : Some stupid questions I can't answer because I am away from my books

Aemoh87
2011-02-04, 04:59 PM
I am away from my books so I can't answer these questions but I wanna build at the moment anyways (I'm feeling inspired).

What book is lore drake in?
Can I take it if I am dragonborn?
What are all the effects of Magic-Blooded?

Thank you for helping!

Cog
2011-02-04, 05:27 PM
Loredrake is in Dragons of Eberron. It requires being a True Dragon, so dragonborn do not qualify, unless they're dragonwrought Kobold dragonborn (possibly). We can't quote template specifics, so you're on your own for Magic-Blooded.

Aemoh87
2011-02-04, 05:32 PM
I knew my question was stupid.

Cog
2011-02-04, 06:15 PM
I knew my question was stupid.
...I don't recall saying that.

TakeABow
2011-02-04, 06:26 PM
I am away from my books so I can't answer these questions but I wanna build at the moment anyways (I'm feeling inspired).

What book is lore drake in?
Can I take it if I am dragonborn?
What are all the effects of Magic-Blooded?

Thank you for helping!

Loredrake is for True Dragons only, as mentioned. so no, unless you are a kobold with the Dragonwrought feat.

From another thread on GITP;

Hello there. As the Magic-Blooded template from 3.0 currently is, it is horribly overpowered if you compare advantages to disadvantages.

I would greatly appreciate some help in making this use-able for games, balance-wise. The Charisma bonus and spell-like abilities is what gives it its flavor, in my opinion.

The 3.0 template:

Charisma +2
Wisdom –2

Any special vision from the Ancestor Race is replaced with Low-Light Vision.
+2 Racial bonus on Spellcraft checks & the skill can be used untrained.
+2 Racial bonus on Knowledge (arcana) checks & the skill can be used untrained.

Gain the following spell-like abilities at Character level 2:
- Detect Magic, 1/day.
- Nystul’s Magic Aura, 1/day.
- Nystul’s Undetectable Aura, 1/day.
- Read Magic, 1/day.
Favored class becomes ‘Sorcerer’.

+2 Charisma, LLW, +2 Spellcraft and +2 Knowledge: Arcana plus spell-like abilities for -2 Wisdom? Horribly overpowered.

Corronchilejano
2011-02-04, 06:28 PM
...I don't recall saying that.

His question was stupid.

There you go, perfect timing here in my end.

PS: He meant stupid because it couldn't be answered in the forum without copyright issues.

Aemoh87
2011-02-04, 11:13 PM
I am also not a fan of asking questions that can be answered by the books, but I felt like doing some character building away from home.