PDA

View Full Version : 0 LA Undead races or templates for PCs?

Talbot
2011-02-04, 05:47 PM
Are there any besides Necropolitan? Third party is a no no, but Dragon Mags are fine.

arguskos
2011-02-04, 05:50 PM
Magic-Blooded is the famous one.

Using the Lesser Planetouched "template" from Player's Guide to Faerun is another good one, since you can apply it to anything listed as Planetouched, so all the Genasi, all the Para-Genasi, the Chaond, the Zenythri, the Aasimar, the Tiefling, the Axani, and the Cansin.

The Rabbler
2011-02-04, 05:52 PM
there's always dragonborn (kinda a template). you lose most of the racial features, excluding immunities and racial ability bonuses/penalties, gain +2 con/-2 dex, and get to pick between awesome sight, wings, or a meh breath weapon.

Amnestic
2011-02-04, 05:55 PM
That "meh" Breath Weapon is also a great way to qualify for Metabreath Feats, which are a real boon if you happen to be playing a Dragonfire Adept. Plus it's flavourful. You could blow a feat on Power Surge for the same effect too, but to each their own, and if you're going with a Dragonborn anyway...

Talbot
2011-02-04, 06:11 PM
Crap. Titled the thread improperly. It was supposed to sya "0 LA UNDEAD races or templates for PCs?"

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2011-02-05, 03:14 AM
There is one, but I can't speak too free round these parts. We are being watched. You see the mo-

Ravens_cry
2011-02-05, 03:16 AM
There is one, but I can't speak too free round these parts. We are being watched. You see the mo-
That would be much more convincing if you hadn't written the hyphen

Thurbane
2011-02-05, 10:56 PM
Closest I know of is Gravetouched Ghoul, at LA +2. Maybe you could combine it with an Incarnate Construct Warforged (LA -2)?

Captain Six
2011-02-05, 11:03 PM
Asking if you can just use Skeleton or Zombie and not lose INT is about as basic of an undead template as you can get. Probably one of the strongest in the long run as well, class levels beat racial hit dice by far. Apart from that Ghoul is not a bad choice if you will tolerate a few points of ECL. They are passably human looking and their only downside is that they have to eat rotten meat.