PDA

View Full Version : my dm has gone a bit nuts

riddles
2011-02-04, 08:48 PM
i'm currently running a gestalt game for our group.

the guyt next in line to dm (9 weeks), has already decided that he wants to tweak the system.

we will remain in e6 format as we are now. however, in his new campaign, PCs will have double skill points and a bonus feat every other level (i.e. 1, 3, 5).

i can't help thinking that a bard, psychic warrior or ardent is going to be immense in this campaign. I have little other information on background, but i'd like to hear what other people would play given these changes.

[EDIT] forgot to add, he's raising the skill cap to 6+level

Jarian
2011-02-04, 08:50 PM
*shrug*

He's running a slightly higher power level (bonus feats) campaign where characters can actually do things without being super geniuses (skill points).

I don't see anything wrong with it, myself.

Oh wait, you wanted character suggestions?

Play whatever you want to. The changes don't seem to require any specific type of character; in fact, they seem to broaden the usual number of decent low level choices.

Anxe
2011-02-04, 08:54 PM
I would play a Barbarian because I haven't done that yet. The changes seems relatively minor to me. Do whatever you want. There's no reason to try and take advantage of the system.

riddles
2011-02-04, 08:59 PM
i might have to. he has a habit of putting us in very hairy situations and my group, not so good with the tactics.

Corronchilejano
2011-02-04, 09:02 PM
Do whatever you want. There's no reason to try and take advantage of the system. Break the system like no other character has done before.

FTFY.

Seriously though, that campaing sounds like a lot of fun. Compliment your own abilities if needed, but not by much, since I bet everyone is going to have at least a spellcasting class, so you're free to blow your feats and skills on booze and weird substances interesting battle tactics.

If I where you I'd warrior/truename my life into nothingness. Maybe get a chorus as soon as I hit level 6 with leadership to help me sing my bonuses to myself.

Zaydos
2011-02-04, 09:09 PM
I'd be a diviner//factotum and play the ultimate sage. I would be the character that knows every language, has maxed ranks in every knowledge skill and I don't even know what else. I'd be the all knowing one.

riddles
2011-02-04, 09:37 PM
sorry, clear up the confusion. i'm running the gestalt game. the game where i'm looking for characters is:
- e6
- double skill points
- 6+hd skill cap
- bonus feat every 2 levels

Jallorn
2011-02-04, 09:53 PM
The feat thing doesn't give you more on E6, just gives it to you a level early... Also means you need to wait till level 6 + 500 exp before you can get a capstone feat.

Just saying.