PDA

View Full Version : Need a new campaign setting.

The Peon
2011-02-05, 12:35 PM
My brother and some of our friends play 3.5, but he went to Rochester for college and won’t be back until summer. So, my friend and I started our own 3.5 group with some friends to play until summer. He was DMing but gave up on us because they refuse to pay attention and blatantly screw around which I would get sick of and fall asleep, but not on purpose. He still wants to play but refuses to DM for us ever again. This leaves me to DM and I have never DMed before because my older brother, who DMs 3.5, or my father, who only plays and DMs 1st, always did the DMing.

I need help for a campaign setting to play in other than Eberon and Fearun because my brother took the books for them with him. The game is going to be basic races and classes, so they can learn the game, and I need a campaign setting that is easy to learn and will grab their attention. A Greco/Roman, Albion legend, or Middle Earth setting is what I think might work but I will accept anything.

Also, I have been looking for a set of expanded rules for the Armor as Damage Reduction supplemental from the Unearthed Arcane. Mostly I would like to know if there is a list of armors of different materials to change the damage reductions of if I have to make something like that on my own.

thanks

The Rose Dragon
2011-02-05, 12:53 PM
There are the classics, of course, such as Ravenloft, Dragonlance and Planescape. Ravenloft and Dragonlance both have non-WotC supplements, if I recall, and there is a website for Planescape.

Otherwise, you can check RPGNow.com (http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?filters=0_0_2121_1120) for any settings they might have. I set enough filters so the link should take you directly to what you're looking for, but feel free to branch out if you ever want other products (maybe a non-D&D game or two).