PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Tripping and Disarming

Aero
2011-02-05, 02:05 PM
I was glancing through my Pathfinder books today and noticed that both Trip and Disarm Combat Maneuvers say that you can make them in place of a melee attack and not a standard action like grapple or bull rush. Does that mean if you make a full attack you can substitue some or all of your attacks made in a round for Disarm and Trip attempts and if so since you don't use your BAB for CMB do you not take any penalties on making multiple attempts?

Thanks ahead of time if you can answer my question!
Aero~

The Rabbler
2011-02-05, 02:23 PM
I was glancing through my Pathfinder books today and noticed that both Trip and Disarm Combat Maneuvers say that you can make them in place of a melee attack and not a standard action like grapple or bull rush. Does that mean if you make a full attack you can substitue some or all of your attacks made in a round for Disarm and Trip attempts and if so since you don't use your BAB for CMB do you not take any penalties on making multiple attempts?

Thanks ahead of time if you can answer my question!
Aero~

well, that's how it was in 3.5, so probably.

Nero24200
2011-02-05, 07:14 PM
I recall one of the developers saying that they intended for Trip/Disarm/Sunder to be special actions on their own and not usable as part of a full attack. However this was one developer and during the Beta phase so I'm not sure if it stuck.

Edit: Quoting the PSRD "When performing a combat maneuver, you must use an action appropriate to the maneuver you are attempting to perform. While many combat maneuvers can be performed as part of an attack action, full-attack action, or attack of opportunity (in place of a melee attack), others require a specific action."

As it does not state otherwise in the entry this means that you can swap attacks for disarming/sundering etc freely during full attacks.

NamelessNPC
2011-02-05, 07:53 PM
Yes, that is exactly how it works

Telasi
2011-02-05, 07:57 PM
Does that mean if you make a full attack you can substitue some or all of your attacks made in a round for Disarm and Trip attempts and if so since you don't use your BAB for CMB do you not take any penalties on making multiple attempts?

You do use BAB for CMB.

CMB = Base attack bonus + Strength modifier + special size modifier

So yes, you can use them during a full attack, but you take penalties as normal.