PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to be more than one race?

Aemoh87
2011-02-05, 04:55 PM
Does anyone know of any way to be more than one race?

Preferably Illumian and Dvati.

The Glyphstone
2011-02-05, 05:06 PM
1.Be an Illumian Psion with a Dvatai cohort(s?).
2.Manifest Fusion. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/fusion.htm)
3. ???
4. Profit!

Note: Step 3 involves making the spell Permanent somehow.

Amnestic
2011-02-05, 05:19 PM
1.Be an Illumian Psion with a Dvatai cohort(s?).
2.Manifest Fusion. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/fusion.htm)
3. ???
4. Profit!

Note: Step 3 involves making the spell Permanent somehow.

Would Incarnate (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/incarnate.htm) work? Fusion's not listed, but I assume that wouldn't automatically outrule it.

Dragonmuncher
2011-02-05, 06:02 PM
Only thing I can think of is that for some of the paragon classes (Half-Orc, Half-Elf) you can count as both a human and that race for prerequisites that requires one of those races.

Thurbane
2011-02-05, 09:57 PM
Stoneblessed lets you count as another race for taking feats and PrCs...

big teej
2011-02-05, 10:11 PM
Stoneblessed lets you count as another race for taking feats and PrCs...

I thought it replaced all racial features of your race with that of the race blessing you?

IE: human goes from + 4 skill points + 1 feat + 1 skill point per level etc.
to say
+ 2 con - 2 cha + dwarfy traits

Waker
2011-02-05, 10:19 PM
I thought it replaced all racial features of your race with that of the race blessing you?

IE: human goes from + 4 skill points + 1 feat + 1 skill point per level etc.
to say
+ 2 con - 2 cha + dwarfy traits
Nope, you get the benefits of your chosen race on top of your normal racial modifiers. That is, the benefits of the race that are granted from the class.

herrhauptmann
2011-02-06, 02:01 AM
Yup, so you can get a halfogre warhulk who's also a bloodstorm blade. And similar shenanigans.

DragonOfUndeath
2011-02-06, 03:01 AM
Half- Templates could work
Templates are your friend here.

Fruchtkracher
2011-02-06, 06:06 AM
Nope, you get the benefits of your chosen race on top of your normal racial modifiers. That is, the benefits of the race that are granted from the class.

Can you take that feat several times? (assuming stoneblessed is a feat)
Wouldn't that mean you can take a race that grants one or more bonus feats to get their other racial traits for free?

As in be a dwarf, take stoneblessed for human traits, gain a feat and +1 skillpoint per level?
Sounds kinda abusable I'd say :/

Thurbane
2011-02-06, 06:13 AM
Stoneblessed is a 3 level PrC, in Races of Stone. There are three versions: Dwarf, Gnome and Goliath.

Fruchtkracher
2011-02-06, 06:25 AM
Oh, well that would've been too easy =)
And I suppose you have to take all three levels for the additional racial traits?

DukeofDellot
2011-02-06, 06:26 AM
I know Munchkin d20 has rules for this!

You just take all the good stuff and throw away (don't even mention) eveything you don't want.

But seriously, ask your GM and see if he'll work with you building a hybrid of the two races... Otherwise, you could use it as sort of a background flavor thing. Take the race that has the stats that benefit you more and say you have blood of the other and maybe set high and low stats (but don't actually modify them) based on what's given and taken by the other. Then act out a sort of affinity for them.

I once played a Half-Orc who's other half was an Elf... There was no stat difference, he just was extra-super-hated by the Elves.

Yora
2011-02-06, 07:21 AM
Regular munchkin has a card that allows you to have two races at the same time. However, it also allows you to switch your race and class whenever you like. :smallbiggrin:

hewhosaysfish
2011-02-06, 09:29 AM
Can I ask, what is the conecptual basis for this two-race character? Or is this just part of a Theoretical Optimisation puzzle?

herrhauptmann
2011-02-06, 02:41 PM
Oh, well that would've been too easy =)
And I suppose you have to take all three levels for the additional racial traits?

It doesn't get you ALL of the racial traits, even after all 3 levels. Just most of them. And as stated, it only works for dwarf, gnome, OR goliath. Granted, you could take it 3 times, one for dwarf, once for goliath, and once for gnome. Though I can't think of why you'd want 9 levels used like that.

Other ideas, could you cast polymorph on one dvati to turn him into say an orc, and one on his twin to turn him into an elf? Allowing you to play with both orc and elf only prestige classes? That at least is what I assume you're trying for with this question.

drakir_nosslin
2011-02-06, 03:22 PM
Shapechange?

Talbot
2011-02-06, 04:07 PM
Necropolitan lets you keep more or less everything from your previous race. So you can be both Necropolitan and basically anything else.

Flickerdart
2011-02-06, 04:29 PM
Necropolitan Dragonborn Stoneblessed x3 Mongrelfolk? :smallbiggrin:

Thurbane
2011-02-06, 04:32 PM
If the OP wants to count permanently as both Dvati and Illumian for a character build, I honestly can't think of any way to do it, other than hombrewing - although, it's possible psionics has some options, as above, but I'm not familiar enough with psionics to really know...