PDA

View Full Version : Server Errors

Jarian
2011-02-05, 10:08 PM
For the past week or so, I've been getting seemingly random server errors/service unavailable messages. They're not terribly disruptive, but it is annoying when I get a minute-long wait for a page to load just to get two error messages in a row.

If it helps, this is the text of the screens that pop up:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat) Server at www.giantitp.com Port 80

and

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat) Server at www.giantitp.com Port 80

The latter one seems fairly self explanatory, except for the fact that it even pops up at 2 in the morning eastern time, just as often as it does at noonish.

I don't know a thing about server functions, so I have no clue if those error messages are at all useful to anyone, but there you have it.

Saposhiente
2011-02-06, 12:07 AM
Has been brought up (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183767), currently unresolved.