PDA

View Full Version : Duct Tape creation ideas?

Dragero
2011-02-06, 02:14 PM
I recently got a bit of a project in class; I have to make something out of duct-tape.

The teacher wants us to each to invent a product using duct tape, this thing can be literally anything, it doesn't matter how silly or pointless it is (in fact, silly and pointless is probably better), it just has to be something. The object doesn't have to really function, but it needs to at least have an idea (An example he gave us was a pizza box-hat, a hat with a pizza box inside of it for pizza delivery boys)

The problem is, I really can't think of much to make, so thats why I turn to you. Just throw whatever you can think of at me, no matter how crazy it is. I have tons of duct tape, and we're allowed to use non-duct tape item in it, as long as the product is mostly duct tape.

Edit: And before anybody suggests them, duct tape wallets and flowers can't be used, it has to be a (Semi)Original idea.

LCR
2011-02-06, 02:17 PM
Duct-tape one of your class mates to the ceiling and call it a flying duct-tape android.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-02-06, 02:20 PM
Go ask Mythbusters. :smallwink:

Emperor Ing
2011-02-06, 02:24 PM
Maybe craft a suit of ducttape armor? Ducttape chainmail. Deal with it. :smalltongue:

Geno9999
2011-02-06, 02:26 PM
Shoot, I was going to say Duct Tape Wallet as an idea, but since your teacher wants something ridiculous...

How about a duct tape pocket watch?

Dragero
2011-02-06, 02:33 PM
Shoot, I was going to say Duct Tape Wallet as an idea, but since your teacher wants something ridiculous...

How about a duct tape pocket watch?

Hmmm that gives me an idea....I have a bunch of old cereal box watches (You know the "Prize inside" kind) Maybe I could do something with them.

The problem is, the teacher want it to be original, so I can't just make, for example, shoes, I'd have to make shoes that do something different, like have a cup holder in them.

Moff Chumley
2011-02-06, 02:36 PM
Swordchucks, yo.

...yeah. Duct-tape swordchucks.

grimbold
2011-02-06, 02:43 PM
roses are good looking and easy to make
a guitar strap is the easiest ducttape creation i know of

BizzaroStormy
2011-02-06, 02:56 PM
A first aid kit made with nothing but duct tape and spray disinfectant?

Seriously though, the only thing I could think to make would be furniture. Maybe make a bed frame out of those thick card board carpet tubes and make somewhat of a hammock using the tape. I certainly think there would be a market for a bed which only costs about $40 to make and can be recycled.

Geno9999
2011-02-06, 03:00 PM
Hmmm that gives me an idea....I have a bunch of old cereal box watches (You know the "Prize inside" kind) Maybe I could do something with them.

The problem is, the teacher want it to be original, so I can't just make, for example, shoes, I'd have to make shoes that do something different, like have a cup holder in them.

Add a cup holder. Add a cup holder EVERYWHERE.:smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

BizzaroStormy
2011-02-06, 03:04 PM
Add a cup holder. Add a cup holder EVERYWHERE.:smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

Better yet, a cup holder which is hung on one's belt and features a strap to allow everything from cans of Red Bull to 100 oz Mega Gulp cups.

Dragero
2011-02-06, 03:08 PM
Better yet, a cup holder which is hung on one's belt and features a strap to allow everything from cans of Red Bull to 100 oz Mega Gulp cups.

Heh heh. I just had an image in my head of "The redneck utility belt(/watch)", that holds almost everything a redneck needs for a day of.....stuff.

Mathis
2011-02-06, 03:09 PM
Make a duct-tape cup holder, then add a cup holder to it that has another cup holder to it. It'l be fabulous!

BizzaroStormy
2011-02-06, 03:11 PM
Heh heh. I just had an image in my head of "The redneck utility belt(/watch)", that holds almost everything a redneck needs for a day of.....stuff.
So it will hold a beer and a back-up beer?

drakir_nosslin
2011-02-06, 03:19 PM
So it will hold a beer and a back-up beer?

That won't get a redneck past breakfast... :smalltongue:

Dr.Epic
2011-02-06, 05:15 PM
I kind of want to make armor out of duct tape. Like roll the stuff into rings or scales or even a full breast plate.

Ranger Mattos
2011-02-06, 11:02 PM
Maybe craft a suit of ducttape armor? Ducttape chainmail. Deal with it. :smalltongue:

I kind of want to make armor out of duct tape. Like roll the stuff into rings or scales or even a full breast plate.

This. So much this.

sircarp
2011-02-07, 12:54 AM
Waxing strips?

Nosferocktu
2011-02-07, 07:39 PM
Duct tape basketball hoop with matching duct-tape basket ball!!!!

Combat Reflexes
2011-02-08, 05:26 AM
Um... ducttape traps! Ducttape a bucket and rig it with ducttape to fall whenever someone opens the door. In the bucket is ... ducttape!

Mystic Muse
2011-02-08, 06:02 AM
Do what the Myth busters did and make a cannon out of Duct tape?

Here's the best part. It worked.:smallamused: