PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Arming your undead minions?

Yorae
2011-02-06, 03:03 PM
I've been unable to find any rules for this --

If I have, say, a skeleton that I have animated, can it use armor or weapons that I equip it with, or are they stuck with natural weapons?

What about intelligent undead?

I suppose if they started taking class levels they could gain proficiencies that way, but do they have any otherwise?

ScionoftheVoid
2011-02-06, 03:09 PM
A skeleton retains all the natural weapons, manufactured weapon attacks, and weapon proficiencies of the base creature

That may answer your question, the answer depending on whether or not you think the base creature is specific (e.g. Edgar the Human Fighter Skeleton, who had Simple and Martial proficiencies) or general (e.g. Humanoid Skeleton, which does not gain any proficienies due to type). Not sure which I'd go for, but I'm sure someone else can do better than going to the SRD on Skeletons and looking at the text under "Attack".

Yorae
2011-02-06, 03:20 PM
That may answer your question, the answer depending on whether or not you think the base creature is specific (e.g. Edgar the Human Fighter Skeleton, who had Simple and Martial proficiencies) or general (e.g. Humanoid Skeleton, which does not gain any proficienies due to type). Not sure which I'd go for, but I'm sure someone else can do better than going to the SRD on Skeletons and looking at the text under "Attack".

D'oh. Why didn't I see that manufactured weapons clause?