PDA

View Full Version : A thought about the Plan

Cybertoy00
2011-02-06, 07:14 PM
We all know that a big risk about the Dark One's Plan to take control of the Snarl to blackmail the other gods into a better world for goblins, right? And that if it flops and the world is destroyed, the Dark One will be able to take part in the next world's creation to assure a better chance for goblins, right?
But-
the Dark One became a god due to the worship of all other goblins, right? So, if the world those goblins live in is reduced to nothing, the goblins living in it would be wiped out as well. If he has no followers, could the Dark One still exist?
We know the North, South, and West Gods will still live, because they were there before everything else. But what about gods that came into being through the belief of mortals? Would they still be around?
Just a thought.

Leecros
2011-02-06, 07:18 PM
If he has no followers, could the Dark One still exist?
We know the North, South, and West Gods will still live, because they were there before everything else. But what about gods that came into being through the belief of mortals? Would they still be around?
Just a thought.

Yeppers, The Dark One and the Elven Gods will still exist. I would imagine that once one ascends to godhood the only way to descend would be something like Divine Retribution and even then...it's iffy.

Edit: Of course if it's impossible to be removed as a deity outside of death then it does bring up the possibility that millenia from now there'll be thousands of deities...

M.A.D
2011-02-06, 07:19 PM
Not all of us know about that, because not all of us have purchased the book. You should at least consider it, and put what you wrote in spoiler tags

Lateral
2011-02-06, 10:00 PM
What MAD said.

Cizak
2011-02-07, 04:47 AM
I've read the books by now, but I actually came across a thread without "SoD spoilers" in the title and accidently read alot of what happened in SoD.

Needless to say, I was pissed. So yeah, spoiler tags at a minimum, and "sod spoilers" in the title is prefered.

Timberboar
2011-02-07, 12:25 PM
How many years has it been since SOD came out?

At some point, I think it should be assumed that if you haven't bought/read it by now, you don't intend to.

Maybe next year. ;P

faustin
2011-02-07, 02:34 PM
The Gods existed before and after his first world became consumed by the Snarl, so itīs implied The Dark One can survive too even without goblins.

JonestheSpy
2011-02-07, 04:39 PM
How many years has it been since SOD came out?

At some point, I think it should be assumed that if you haven't bought/read it by now, you don't intend to.

There are new people discovering the comic all the time. How many people do you think started with Strip #1? Or #100?

SPoD
2011-02-08, 01:59 AM
I would theorize that the fact that the Dark One would still have the souls of all the dead goblins in his Outer Plane army powering him would be enough for him to not simply vanish. It's probably not as good as living worshippers, but it may be enough for subsistence.

And all the other gods would be in the same boat, with their living followers wiped out by the Snarl. The only way the older gods survive a Snarlpocalypse and the Dark One doesn't is if there is if the Dark One is somehow more dependent on constant living worshippers than the other gods are, and there's no evidence for that being the case.