PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 3.5] Soulbow handbook

Lateral
2011-02-06, 10:31 PM
I thought I saw one once, but my Google-Fu is failing me for some reason. Could somebody provide linkage? Thanks!

Flickerdart
2011-02-06, 10:35 PM
There does not appear to be. What's worse, I can't find any Soulknife handbooks that refer to the Soulbow in detail, either.

Psyren
2011-02-06, 10:38 PM
I would think most any archery handbook would suffice... the only real revolution Soulbow adds to the formula is the ability to use a shield, or dubious dual-wielding.

Lateral
2011-02-06, 10:41 PM
Also, the near-SAD on Wisdom when you add in Zen Archery and two levels of Swordsage. Which is pretty much my plan so far. (With homebrewed range disciplines, of course.)

Oh yeah, and I've been goosed to insult myself, so I'll add that my build is barely fleshed out and I'm a terrible optimizer. :smallfrown: :smalltongue:

Flickerdart
2011-02-06, 10:44 PM
I would think most any archery handbook would suffice... the only real revolution Soulbow adds to the formula is the ability to use a shield, or dubious dual-wielding.
Also the whole thing with Lucky arrows, which greatly adds to their power once you realize the bonus is on the arrow, not on the bow.

Lateral
2011-02-06, 10:46 PM
Also the whole thing with Lucky arrows, which greatly adds to their power once you realize the bonus is on the arrow, not on the bow.

Oh, that's nice.

Also, it's optimizing and I should be ashamed of myself.
Stupid mooses. Stupid gooses...

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-02-06, 11:07 PM
It only takes one hand to fire a mind arrow, so you can TWF with them.

Get the feat Woodland Archer in Races of the Wild.

A Thri-Kreen can use Multiweapon Fighting with them. There's a nonpsionic thri-kreen in MM2 and Shining South, it only has a +1 LA instead of the +2 and it only loses the racial powerpoints and psi-like abilities. They get pretty nice Dex and Wis bonuses, perfect for a Soulbow. There are Improved (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/feats.htm#improvedMultiweaponFighting) and Greater (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/feats.htm#greaterMultiweaponFighting) versions of Multiweapon Fighting so you can get 12 attacks/round without counting Haste or Rapid Shot, though these require considerably higher BAB.

MeeposFire
2011-02-06, 11:10 PM
You can also use Kensai to get splitting on your mind arrows.

There is also the greats rules debate on the enchanted arrows. It says that it "Improves your BAB" thus bringing RAW arguments about it helping you get extra attacks from that all important +16 BAB.

Lateral
2011-02-06, 11:17 PM
Splitting is just a bit too cheesy for my taste.

So there isn't a Soulbow handbook? Perhaps someone should write one.