PDA

View Full Version : [Exalted] Ishtar, The Painter of Worlds

Jokasti
2011-02-07, 08:44 AM
/deleted///

Primal Fury
2011-02-07, 09:18 PM
That excellency is terribly short, the one I'm coming up with for Asarkos has about... four paragraphs, and Kimbery's has five, so don't be afraid to add more to it. Remember: a Primordial excellency is supposed to apply to any conceivable action your character could undertake, so long as it's in theme for them.

Jokasti
2011-02-07, 09:25 PM
That excellency is terribly short, the one I'm coming up with for Asarkos has about... four paragraphs, and Kimbery's has five, so don't be afraid to add more to it. Remember: a Primordial excellency is supposed to apply to any conceivable action your character could undertake, so long as it's in theme for them.

The excellency is still a huge WIP :smallwink:
Going for themes of beauty, improvement, sensation, and justice.

Primal Fury
2011-02-07, 09:29 PM
You can still add more than just that. Cecelyne includes over eight times that many themes. :smalltongue:

And the charms... they need to describe what Ishtar is, not what Infernals with her charms can do. The fluff makes them sound like Solar charms (i.e. Character does X because she's really good at Y).

Jokasti
2011-02-07, 09:44 PM
You can still add more than just that. Cecelyne includes over eight times that many themes. :smalltongue:

And the charms... they need to describe what Ishtar is, not what Infernals with her charms can do. The fluff makes them sound like Solar charms (i.e. Character does X because she's really good at Y).

I'll have to have nine times as many as I do now, then. Eventually.

Hmm. Have to edit the fluff on those. Keep forgetting I'm making a primordial, and not just charms.

Jokasti
2011-02-08, 12:48 PM
Updated soul hierarchy.

Jokasti
2011-02-20, 04:04 PM
Updated charms.

Sanguine
2011-02-20, 05:15 PM
I don't understand what We are Agreed does. Okay it's a Social Attack. But how is it different from a normal Social Attack?

Jokasti
2011-02-20, 05:26 PM
I don't understand what We are Agreed does. Okay it's a Social Attack. But how is it different from a normal Social Attack?

Your target automatically agrees with you.

Sanguine
2011-02-20, 05:27 PM
Your target automatically agrees with you.

Shouldn't it say that it is automatically successful then?

Jokasti
2011-02-20, 05:37 PM
Shouldn't it say that it is automatically successful then?
How's this?

WE ARE AGREED
Cost: 5m;Mins: Essence 3;Type: Simple
Keywords: Combo-Basic, Social
Duration: 5 long ticks
Prerequisite Charms: No Blind Eyes
Ishtar cannot always waste time explaining her motives or reasons- sometimes, you just must understand. This is a Social attack to get someone you are arguing with to agree to your side- to see the wrongs of their ways. It is automatically successful, and the target takes your side in the argument. If there are more that don't see the light of the truth, your newfound ally will aid you in the debate to also turn them to your side. The Infernal must know her target's Motivation in order to use this charm on them.

Sanguine
2011-02-20, 05:41 PM
How's this?

WE ARE AGREED
Ishtar cannot always waste time explaining her motives or reasons- sometimes, you just must understand. This is a Social attack to get someone you are arguing with to agree to your side- to see the wrongs of their ways. It is automatically successful, and the target takes your side in the argument. If there are more that don't see the light of the truth, your newfound ally will aid you in the debate to also turn them to your side. The Infernal must know her target's Motivation in order to use this charm on them.

Much better.

Primal Fury
2011-02-21, 12:50 AM
How's this?

WE ARE AGREED
Okay... How much willpower does it cost to defend against this? You should also classify this as an unnatural mental influence.