PDA

View Full Version : [3.5 D&D P.E.A.C.H] The Friar

Yeliv
2011-02-07, 09:14 AM
(Hello everyone! This is my first post here, though I've been at this game for a while when the Gleemax change happened on the Wizards site I lost interest in the game for a bit. Here's my first PrC for my return to D&D, I hope that it's interesting and not un-fun. Please feel free to share! I'd love to hear your comments)

Friars are warriors who have mastered the grace of the quarterstaff and bring it to bear with divine grace.

Alignment:*Friars may be any non-evil alignment.

Hit Die:*d8

Requirements
The following are required to take levels in the Friar prestige class:

Feats: Weapon Finesse, Dodge, Two-Weapon Fighting

Skills: Tumble 8

Class Features*
Weapon and Armor Proficiency:*A Friar gains no proficiencies with weapons or armor. However a friar loses all class features if they are wearing anything other than light armor and not using a quarterstaff.

Class Skills:*(2 + Int modifier per level): Balance (Dex), Concentration (Con), Heal (Wis), Jump (Str), and Tumble (Dex)

Swift Blows- A Friar deals damage with a melee weapon using his Dexterity modifier, instead of his Strength modifier.

Bless- The Friar may cast Bless a number of times per day equal to his Friar level +1.

Uncanny Dodge- The Friar gains uncanny dodge. If he already possesses uncanny dodge he gains Improved Uncanny Dodge instead.

Friar's Fury I- If a Friar uses a full-attack on a single target during the round he sickens the target for a number of rounds equaling his Friar level/2 if he successfully hits the target with both sides of his quarterstaff.

Staff Mastery I- The Friar gains +1 to his attack rolls with his quarterstaff. This is not cumulative with any other Staff Mastery bonuses.

Mobility- The Friar gains mobility as a bonus feat. If he already possesses mobility then he may take Combat Reflexes instead. If he already possesses Combat Reflexes then he may pick 1 bonus feat from the fighter bonus feats list.

Friar's Fury II- If a Friar uses a full-attack on a single target during the round he nauseates the target for a number of rounds equaling his Friar level/2 if he successfully hits the target with both sides of his quarterstaff. If one of this attacks is a critical hit, the target is stunned for one round after the nauseated status is removed.

Improved Uncanny Dodge- The Friar gains improved uncanny dodge. If he already possesses improved uncanny dodge he may choose either Spring Attack, Whirlwind Attack, or Acrobatic, so long as he meets the requirements.

Staff Mastery II- The Friar gains +2 to his attack rolls with his quarterstaff. This is not cumulative with any other Staff Mastery bonuses.

Powerful Jabs- The Friar can choose to have his quarterstaff do piercing damage instead of bludgeoning.

Effortless Grace- The Friar's familiarity with his staff allows him to incorporate it in actions requiring nimbleness. He gains a +4 untyped bonus to Balance, Tumble, and Jump checks while wielding his quarterstaff.

Purity of Blows- The Friar's weapon becomes a good-aligned weapon in his hands.

Ardent Fervor- Determined to master his art and overcome the wickedness that befalls the world, the Friar gains fire and cold resistance 5.

Elegant Step- After making a successful attack of opportunity the Friar may take a 5-foot step in any direction immediately after. He may do this a number of times equalling his dexterity modifier.

Staff Master III- The Friar gains a +3 to his attack rolls with his quarterstaff. This is not cumulative with any other Staff Mastery bonuses.

Friar's Vigilance- The Friar gains reach with his quarterstaff, but can still attack creatures adjacent to himself.

Friar's Boon- The Friar's lesser divine powers reach their apex. Once per day the Friar can channel his holy power through his body and gain the bonuses of a Divine Power spell, as a cleric of the same level, however, instead of gaining +6 to Strength, he gains it to Dexterity.

Heal- Once per day the Friar may cast Heal as a Cleric of equivalent level.

Playing A Friar
Ever the vigilant warrior, the Friar is best suited to a role of assailing easy-to-hit targets or serving a role that allows him to defend his comrades by taking full advantage of attacks of opportunity.

Friar Progression

The Friar

{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+0|
+2|
+2|Swift Blows, Bless x/day

2nd|
+2|
+0|
+3|