PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Additional Materials

Welknair
2011-02-07, 10:04 AM
I've been working on my magitech system and have come to dislike our measly excuse for a list of building materials. For my Skyships I'm pretty much choosing between steel, mithral, or adamantine. What about a few other materials to fill in gaps in the weight:strength ratio? Ideas?

Eldan
2011-02-07, 10:20 AM
Eberron has several kinds of magical woods. You should probably check those out.

arguskos
2011-02-07, 10:38 AM
Bam! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149976) I updated a good amount of extra materials from AD&D 2nd in the link. I never completed the material, due to time issues and lack of real response, but I plan to in the future.

Welknair
2011-02-07, 06:01 PM
Bam! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149976) I updated a good amount of extra materials from AD&D 2nd in the link. I never completed the material, due to time issues and lack of real response, but I plan to in the future.

Very cool, thank you! Wasn't Mithral only 500gp/lb though? Several of your numbers for familiar materials seem a bit... high. I placed Adamantine at only 800gp/lb for my chassi calculations...

arguskos
2011-02-07, 06:04 PM
Very cool, thank you! Wasn't Mithral only 500gp/lb though? Several of your numbers for familiar materials seem a bit... high. I placed Adamantine at only 800gp/lb for my chassi calculations...
They are different, due to the source being different and the materials being different as well.

The presented materials are meant to replace existing ones entirely when overlap occurs.

Do remember, it also never was completed, so there are references to things that aren't there. Sorry about that.

Welknair
2011-02-07, 06:15 PM
They are different, due to the source being different and the materials being different as well.

The presented materials are meant to replace existing ones entirely when overlap occurs.

Do remember, it also never was completed, so there are references to things that aren't there. Sorry about that.

Okay, cool. Do you mind if I adapt some of these materials, as long as I add a reference to your thread? Some of these would be quite nice for various things I'm working on in my system...

arguskos
2011-02-07, 06:24 PM
Okay, cool. Do you mind if I adapt some of these materials, as long as I add a reference to your thread? Some of these would be quite nice for various things I'm working on in my system...
You may adopt anything you wish. I only ask for credit, and a report for how things play.

It is recommended that you disregard any reference to spells in those materials, as such is part of an alternate crafting system I never actually got around to converting from AD&D 2nd. :smallsigh: I need more time.

Welknair
2011-02-07, 06:42 PM
Can do! Oh, have you checked out my system yet? I need all the reviewing I can get, given it's size... (Link in the sig)

arguskos
2011-02-07, 06:47 PM
Can do! Oh, have you checked out my system yet? I need all the reviewing I can get, given it's size... (Link in the sig)
I've taken a look, but I don't have a lot of time, what with my setting work and all that.

I may come back to it later though, when I manage to manufacture more time.

Enjoy the material in Adamantly Magical, and do recall that it's incomplete. I can't really emphasize that enough.

EdroGrimshell
2011-02-07, 06:57 PM
I'm currently working on adapting many of these (http://www.play.net/gs4/info/armory/materials.asp) materials into D&D terms for my himebrew campaign setting. Maybe you can get some ideas and we can help each other out.