PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Drow Priestess

Thefurmonger
2011-02-07, 10:45 AM
Hey all,

So I am in a great Eberon Pathfinder campaign and the DM has asked us all to prepare backup characters just in case.

Anyway I was reading Starless Night the other day and then went flipping through the SC (3.5 so a no go for us, but cool ideas)

And I came across both the Drow, and the Spider Domains. So anyway off I went to look up drow in the Pathfinder SRD Found here (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/humanoids/drow-1) And they seem about the same. Perhaps a bit strong witht he no LA of pathfinder but still fine for our group.

Anyway on to my question. Has Pathfinder put out and Drow material? I'm relly looking for the domains here.

Anyone seen any good conversions?

Really any help would be appreciated.

For what its worth this is for a campaign that is 75% RP/25% combat (And the combat we do have is quite cinimatic, as it should be in Eberon)

Thanks for the help.

Mojo_Rat
2011-02-07, 12:03 PM
pathfinder has only put out an AP involving drow. i doubt there will ever be a Pf drow book as those sorts of books tend to be setting specific. because of how drow work in golarion they are mostly not Pc appropriate short of van all evil game.

that said the second darkness AP seems to have ALOT of info butbitscall golarion specific.

Thefurmonger
2011-02-08, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the info.

Anyone else?

Telasi
2011-02-08, 05:15 PM
Without 3.5 material, you're going to just have to use the more generic stuff. Sadly, Paizo hasn't yet given any real support for drow as a PC race.

Can you use the Eberron books? If so, look up Secrets of Xen'drik. It has some drow feat support and gear.

Just a comment on the side: drow in Eberron don't worship Lolth; many worship Vulkoor, a god of scorpions, or follow the general elven tradition of ancestor worship. Drow society is also egalitarian in Eberron, rather then the normal matriarchy.

Set
2011-02-08, 06:20 PM
And I came across both the Drow, and the Spider Domains. So anyway off I went to look up drow in the Pathfinder SRD Found here (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/humanoids/drow-1) And they seem about the same. Perhaps a bit strong with the no LA of pathfinder but still fine for our group.

Random ideas, off the top of my head;

Drow
Granted Powers: You gain increased proficiency with the magical abilities most often associated with your people. When invoking any Drow spell-like ability, the effect manifests at +1 caster level.

Fangs of the Night (Su): Starting at 1st level, you can use a move-equivalent action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity to cause any weapon or piece of ammunition in your grasp to become coated with a single dose of Drow sleep poison. The poison functions normally for effect and duration, but if it has not struck another person, it fades away harmlessly within 1 round. You cannot accidentally poison yourself with this venom. You use this effect a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.

Night-Touched Arms (Su): At 8th level, you can take a move-equivalent action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity to cause any weapon, shield or piece of armor held or worn to be treated as adamantine for a number of rounds equal to half your cleric level. You use this effect a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.

Domain Spells: 1st – sleep, 2nd – clairaudience/clairvoyance, 3rd – suggestion, 4th – discern lies, 5th – dominate person, 6th – eyebite, 7th – word of chaos, 8th – greater planar ally, 9th - gate

[Yeah, I went old-school Gygax Drow, with the adamantine weapons / armor thing, but I was in that sort of mood.]

Spider
Granted Powers: You have an unwholesome rappor with arachnid creatures, and they come when you beckon. You can attempt to use Handle Animal to train arachnid vermin as if they possessed an intelligence score of 1.

Ensnaring Web (Sp): Starting at 1st level, you can use a standard action hurl a tangled mass of spider web at a single target within 30 ft. as a ranged touch attack. This is similar to an attack with a net, and is effective against targets up to one size class larger than your own. An entangled creature can escape with a successful Escape Artist check or burst the web with a Strength check. Both are standard actions with a DC equal to 10 + ½ your Cleric level + your Wisdom modifier. Attempts to burst a web by those caught in it suffer a -4 penalty. The webbing you create in this manner crumbles away into dust 1 hour after it is created, if it is not destroyed sooner. You can throw webbing in this manner a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.
web rules (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules-for-monsters/universal-monster-rules#TOC-Web-Ex-)

Vermin Companion (Ex): At 4th level, you gain the service of an animal companion. This companion must be a small monstrous spider or scorpion, and has an Intelligence score of 1. Your effective druid level for this animal companion is equal to your cleric level – 3.

[Make up an animal companion write-up for spiders and scorpions, advancing them to size medium at 8th cleric level.]

Domain Spells: 1st – spider climb, 2nd – summon swarm, 3rd – phantom steed (assumes a spider-like appearance), 4th – giant vermin, 5th – insect plague, 6th – swarm skin, 7th – summon monster VII (bebelith only), 8th – creeping doom, 9th – summon monster IX (1d4+1 bebelith only)

rules for swarm skin spell (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/swarm-skin)

Thefurmonger
2011-02-10, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the replies to all.

And Set, I really appreciate the off the cuff homebrew. I normaly hate all HB but that actually looks great.

TalonDemonKing
2011-02-10, 12:02 PM
IIRC, isn't there drow in the campaign setting book?

Thefurmonger
2011-02-10, 02:01 PM
Yes there is, just not for Pathfinder.

Or, if there is one for Pathfinder I would love to see it.