PDA

View Full Version : The 9 Swords

mastermind
2011-02-07, 06:00 PM
Any ideas for the campaign setting are gratefully accepted.

Characters
Chet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=273616)
Kaeravak (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/713896/Kaeravak.pdf)
Zephyr (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=273720)
Vyan (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=273729)
Thanald (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=115314)
Lucan (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10323669&postcount=29)
Vennel (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=273755)
Julian (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10326867&postcount=40)
Brox (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10333141&postcount=52)
ToteM
(http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=273717) Note: ToteM, Your ability scores are too high. Please adjust so that the total modifier (The modifiers added together) is less than or equal to 10.

Tomph (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=274121)

Please move your characters to mythweavers or a similar site if your character sheet is stored on the forums.

You may begin. This post will be updated in the future as you learn more about the 9 swords.

Surrealistik
2011-02-07, 06:15 PM
Kaeravak looks about the grungy, small-town tavern with listless boredom as he finishes the last of his ale with a long, almost reluctant swig. Sighing at the dull, overt familiarity of the place, its unkempt walls known to his wandering eyes at least a hundred times this year, the tiefling reclines in his chair, hands clasped firm behind his horned head, resigning himself to spectating the antics of the other patrons.

Fox Box Socks
2011-02-07, 08:43 PM
Julian slowly sipped his ale as he eyed his companion. Most of them were of elven or eladrin stock, which meant they would be dependable, if somewhat haughty. There was even a genasi, and were it not for the final guest, he would have been discreetly staring. No, all of Julian's attention was focused on the tiefling. Julian knew all too well the trials and tribulations that came with living with an ancestral curse, but in his experience there were only two types of tieflings; those that strove to overcome the sins of their ancestors, and those who reveled in them.

Time would tell which one this would be, but for now, Julian did his best to simply observe.

Surrealistik
2011-02-07, 09:24 PM
Kaeravak tips his head in acknowledgement of the genasi as he catches the demihuman's glance, his drinking companion's rough hewn countenance grabbing the pyromancer's vagrant scrutiny.

"Like what you see friend? Something about ol' 'fire for hire' got your gaze?"

The tiefling sneers as he reaches for another sip, only to recollect that he had in fact just downed the last of his bitter drink. His lips part again, loosing another sigh.

"Been idling around this dump, scraping after a real job for weeks. Growing tired of these domestic duties; leveling old shacks, clearing out weedy fields so I can wrest a sour pint from the barkeep..."

Kaeravak cuts out with a slight shake of his head, as if attempting to dispel the thought.

"But let's not dwell; I've heard we've got a new contract coming up, something big. Personally, I hope it involves taking on something that can fight back."

His mouth parts in a wide grin, a pair of pronounced canines giving the wizard's mien an unmistakably hungry, even predatory look.

"Much as I can make do with livestock and inanimates for research, true combat would prove far more conducive to my studies..."

He suddenly trails off, evidently lost in contemplation, the sanguine glow of his eyes staring off distractedly at some unseen focal point. Within moments, a frown quickly creases and sours his fading smile.

"...and quite beyond the interference of those pestering militiamen."

Apollyon
2011-02-07, 10:18 PM
A tall, sturdy elf walks into the tavern and glances around, as if surveying the place. His eyes look over the obviously non-human tiefling and genasi, falling upon a small platform and stool located to the side of the room and light up in familiarity. He steps out of the doorway and strides over to the platform, pulling the sleeve of his thick leather armor up, and glancing at what appears to be a tattoo on his forearm.

Upon reaching the platform, he places his backpack off to the side, against the wall, and takes a seat. He reaches into a front pocket and deftly retrieves a chalumeau. He looks towards the barkeep and inquires, "Any objection to my playing for the customers, to pass the time?"

Xplode
2011-02-07, 10:48 PM
ToteM walks into the Tavern wiping the sweat off his brow after the ordeal he has just gone through, ToteM had only just left his home out side of town and came across someone in distress, ToteM saw this as a great opportunity to test out his new skills by defending a Druid that had bitten off more then he could chew. At the end of the battle ToteM invited the druid to join him at the Tavern to exchange stories as that's where he was headed in the first place and this seemed like the nice thing to do.

After procuring an ale to sooth his nerves, ToteM leans back and lets out a humble "Moooooooooooooooooo !" and sits down on the chair in the corner of the tavern to asses his surroundings, sipping on his well earned ale and waiting for his newly found friend to join him....

But alas it seems she has fallen behind and not followed? ..Maybe?"Where is she, I just saved her life" Thinks ToteM "Oh well I am sure she was just behind me, I'll just wait here.....and Moooooooooo !"

ToteM lets out a "Mooooooooooooo! and sips on his ale.

salt3d
2011-02-08, 12:40 AM
Before the door closes behind the minotaur, an enormous black panther slinks in behind him. It stops immediately it is inside the tavern and sits. A few of the tavern's patrons are taken aback; paralysed by fear at the sight of the beast, the likes of which they have not seen before. A whimper escapes one. Some other patrons are unperturbed at the sight, and few seem not to notice at all.

Visibly battered, the panther begins to clean itself with its tongue, removing blood and smoothing out ruffled fur. After a minute or so the big cat is mostly finished. The frightened customers have not moved a muscle, save one who is cowering under a table.

The panther settles into a rhythm of licking its paw and using the licked paw to wipe its head and ears. After about another minute, the panther shifts, and even the terrified patrons that have been staring all along would be unable to describe the way in which the panther suddenly turns into an elf. In an instant the panthers small, round ears become long and thin, and a paw becomes a hand tucking hair behind an ear.

There is barely enough time to recognise the elf as female before she lifts the hood of her cloak over her head. Only the eyes of the elf remain visible behind a scarf that conceals the rest of her face. She takes three swift strides toward the bar, and says to the bartender, "Water, please."

Upon receiving her drink, the elf makes her way to the table at which Tote is sitting. She places the water on the table and produces from somewhere a pinch of greenish powder. As she sprinkles the powder into the water, the elf whispers a few words. The water bubbles briefly. The elf sits back in her chair, and after a few minutes begins to sip her drink.

Surrealistik
2011-02-08, 02:21 AM
Kaeravak is at once silenced by the sight of a hulking minotaur making his way into the bar, gaze immediately captured by its monstrous bulk and strange, bovine demeanour. However, it is the bloodied panther in tow that he finds most striking, an eyebrow raised in a mixture of alarm and sheer surprise. He slowly, cautiously, raises a hand so as not to provoke the creature, wisps of flame gathering and sizzling on his incarnadine fingertips, ready to lash forth and incinerate the dangerous predator should it advance when the beast's form suddenly contorts and transmutes into the vague form of an elven female. Lowering his drawn palm, its nascent fires silenced with a quiet hiss, the tiefling scoffs and grunts with obvious irritation at the needless display as he settles back into his chair, a wary, disapproving eye fixed on both newcomers.

mastermind
2011-02-08, 07:33 AM
"Any objection to my playing for the customers, to pass the time?"

"No, not really."

Ron2112
2011-02-08, 08:59 AM
Thanald

An Eladrin dressed in fine (but not too fine) robes sits in the corner, nursing the last of his ale, musing at the goings-on over the last few moments. While he is a bit taken aback by such a public and overt display of power (or trickery) of the elf shifting from his panther form in the middle of a bar, he quickly decides that she seems harmless enough.

Noticing the tiefling in the unmistakable garb of a fellow magic-user, and overhearing his loud proclamation, Thanald meanders over to the tiefling, and extends his hand. "I am Thanald," he says. "What's this about a contract? I am new in this area, and seek gainful employment. Capable companions in this work would be most welcome as well."

Will there be an OOC thread set up as well? Or should we just make our OOC comments here?

TimelordSimone
2011-02-08, 11:48 AM
Zephyr walks over from the bar to the table of the minotaur and the elf, sitting down without being invited.

"Now that was an entrance," he begins, enthusiastically, "You'd think a guy like you," he indicates the minotaur, "would surely be the centre of attention, but then you," he indicates the elf, "walk in and suddenly all eyes are on you. I've never seen anything like that before." He pauses briefly, grinning warmly at the pair, "Anyway, salutations and such, you can call me Zephyr. So, more drinks?"

Surrealistik
2011-02-08, 01:43 PM
The tiefling looks to the (apparent) wizard and shrugs.

"Be damned if I know..."

His lips fold into another smirk, a clawed hand gliding over the rough textures of one pronounced horn, while terse laughter forces its way past his smarmy expression.

"...pun unintended."

The pyromancer flashes the newcomer a toothy grin, one suspicious eye lingering on the druidess and her minotaur companion.

"So far as I can tell it's something big, something lucrative, something... dangerous."

salt3d
2011-02-08, 03:49 PM
"Anyway, salutations and such, you can call me Zephyr. So, more drinks?"

"I have a drink already," replies the elf, "but thank you. My name is... Vyan."

It is clear Vyan is uncomfortable with her surroundings, in particular the roof over her head. Her elven accent is heavy, as if Vyan is unused to speaking common.

oblivion6
2011-02-08, 04:22 PM
the half orc Brox enters the tavern and heads toward a table by the minotaur and the elf.
i wish Ale to quench my thirst

Xplode
2011-02-08, 05:30 PM
ToteM looks at the 2 new arrivals at the table, lets out a approving "Mooo" and says"Welcome strangers, I am ToteM. I would love one more drink but not too much as I don't take to the tavern too often.... Tell me what brings you to these parts? I ask because I have recently just been forced from my home outside of town, I don't often come into town but I figured this might be a good place to find some fellow adventurers and put my troubled life behind me"

Apollyon
2011-02-08, 06:00 PM
With the approval of the barkeep, the elf plays a few scales on his chalumeau, as though warming up for a performance. Nodding slightly upon hearing the tone, he brings it down and rests it upon his lap.

"Excellent; this is the right place. I had heard that there was a meeting, detailing adventure to be found in here. I go by Chet, wandering performer, and disciple of Sehanine."

With that, he brings his instrument back to his lips, and begins to play a song.

oblivion6
2011-02-08, 06:20 PM
i am broxigar the orc and the destruction of my clan brings me here looking for work

salt3d
2011-02-08, 06:22 PM
At the sound of the instrument, Vyan lets out an excited squeal. She turns to face Chet directly, leaning forward in her seat with hands on knees. With eyes closed, Vyan rocks ever so slightly from side to side in time with the music.

mastermind
2011-02-08, 07:16 PM
OOC chat can be in here.

Oblivion: Is the un-capitalization intended?

And...
50 XP to all for good RPing. Plot hooks starting soon.

And does anyone want to do a eberron/dark sun hybrid campaign?

TimelordSimone
2011-02-08, 07:42 PM
Distracted briefly by the music, Zephyr mumbles "Ooh I love this song." to himself, before turning back to the table.

"It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, always nice to meet new people. I'm travelling to experience new things, as our lady Sehanine wills. To broaden my horizons, as it were." He pauses, taking a solemn breath. "So, ale for ToteM, Broxigar, none for Vyan. Excuse me for a moment." And with that, Zephyr gets up and makes his way to the bar.

I'm assuming Chet is over near Kaeravak and Thanald, or, not at this table anyway.

salt3d
2011-02-08, 08:26 PM
I'm happy to do just about any setting. My character only fits in a setting that has at least some lush green environments, so as long as it's not too heavy on the 'desert world' thing, an Eberron/Dark Sun hybrid would be cool.

oblivion6
2011-02-08, 08:41 PM
OOC chat can be in here.

Oblivion: Is the un-capitalization intended?

And...
50 XP to all for good RPing. Plot hooks starting soon.

And does anyone want to do a eberron/dark sun hybrid campaign?
no i meant to capitalize it

eberron/dark sun is fine. my background makes mentions of several eberron ideas

TimelordSimone
2011-02-08, 08:43 PM
RE setting: so long as Sehanine exists, I am fine with whatever really.

Apollyon
2011-02-08, 08:49 PM
Chet nods at Vyan and Zephyr to acknowledge their appreciation.

OOC: Would it be a good idea to have an OOC thread?

OOC to DM: Eberron/Dark Sun hybrid sounds interesting. What were you thinking? Something like AEG's Rokugan + Burning Sands?

I wrote up my backstory with Sehanine as a patron and deity, but if you want to palette swap the deities, I can rewrite that part.

Also OOC to Zephyr: No, I'm off to the side, playing.

Also also OOC to Zephyr: When I mention multiple character names in a list, I do it alphabetically. Sorry, but prepare to see your name last a lot. The next game that I play with you, if your name is Aardvark, you'll see your name first.

ApeofLight
2011-02-08, 10:15 PM
A somewhat strange looking sight enters the tavern.

A half-orc, standing at six foot three, takes deliberate, steady steps into the bar. As he does so he takes a long gaze around the room and shifts the quarterstaff in his hand just a bit in a nervous twitch.

He sees a few groups gathered and decides to go over and investigate one. The one with the Tiefling, Human, and Eladrin. Tomph, for that is the half-orc's name, gives each one a slow look over before speaking. " This is the location where those interested in the adventuring work are suppose to meet, correct? " Tomph asks, his voice loud as if not used very often so it does not know the difference between quiet, normal and loud volume. However his tone and manner of speech carry a formal tone to them.

Surrealistik
2011-02-09, 01:48 AM
"This and half a dozen others."

Kaeravak looses a deep, baritone chuckle, his spread palm gesturing to a worn stool across from him.

"Please, have a seat. You've the look of someone I'd care to venture with; and who has come a long way. The Eladrin as well; there is certainly enough room for you all."

The tiefling grants the Eladrin a curt nod.

"I'm afraid I couldn't tell you the details of the contract promised, for they are to be disclosed here. Needless to say, I have been instructed as to the necessity of help; this is no one man job. That is where you, and certain others come in."

He fixes the table's occupants with a pensive, appraising look, as if in an attempt to gauge the respective merits of each. As the mage's gaze makes its way about the table, his eyes intermittently flit to gathering about the druidess and minotaur, lips upturning in a wry half smile, seeming to hint at unsung thoughts.

salt3d
2011-02-09, 05:39 AM
As the mage's gaze makes its way about the table, his eyes intermittently flit to gathering about the druidess and minotaur, lips upturning in a wry half smile, seeming to hint at unsung thoughts.

For a few moments Vyan does her best to take absolutely no notice of the tiefling. It doesn't take long, however, before her temper gets the better of her, and she turns to Kaeravak and says "You like what you see?"

Before he has a chance to respond, the elf shifts, her form blinking into that of a su monster. Vyan bares her now-monstrous teeth, and hisses at Kaeravak.

Su monster
http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp192/salt3d/sumonster.png

Ron2112
2011-02-09, 06:44 AM
Thanald

As he sits down in response to Kaeravak's invitation, Thanald sees the druid shape-change and thinks, Well, at least I don't have to worry about being overly discrete with this bunch. To the half-orc, he says, "I too have heard about contract work being offered. No clue as to where to go to respond, though."

OOC: Eberron or Dark Sun is fine with me.

ApeofLight
2011-02-09, 10:19 AM
Tomph nods in thanks to Kaeravak. " My thanks acquittance. " The half-orc says and takes the offered seat. He then remains quiet having nothing more to share or say. When a barmaid or server comes by to ask for his drink he just shakes his head in a no response.

He looks over and sees the druid go through a shape change. He doesn't say anything but twists his staff quickly in a nervous twitch.

Surrealistik
2011-02-09, 11:54 AM
Kaeravak merely regards the shifting druidess with a parting look of annoyance, head turning to the barkeep, tilting towards the disruptive elf, before he diverts his full attention back to the group.

"This is indeed the right place Thanald. Our prospective client should be here before long; I expect that he'll clarify everything on arrival."

An OOC thread would be perfect.

As for the setting, might I recommend something post-apocalyptic? Devastating magitech WMDs have leveled the world and all major civilizations, and cast it into perpetual 'nuclear' winter, the majority of the earth now a frozen, glacial wasteland. Monsters roam freely, many of these bio/magically-engineered weapons of the old, forgotten empires which brought about the end of the world. In the decades that have since passed, these creatures have since escaped from arcane labs and military bases, many having crossbred, proliferating largely unchallenged (save for the hostile environment and food scarcity) across the wastes. Adventurers (at least those that are proven and successful) are in continual demand to salvage valuable technologies and resources from the ruins of the old world, often in hazardous locations.

TimelordSimone
2011-02-09, 12:14 PM
Zephyr quickly returns, drinks in hand, hurriedly placing them on the table.

"Woah, woah, woah. Calm down Vyan, you don't want to get thrown out." He turns to the tiefling, "No harm done, yeah?"

Surrealistik
2011-02-09, 02:07 PM
"Why none at all my friend!"

One can't help but notice an indignant undertone however, the hint of a vexed sneer playing upon the tiefling's visage, belying his seemingly disaffected, and courteous response.

"In fact, I would rather like to invite the lot of you to pursue a contract with us; from what I've been told, the issuer shall be with us shortly."

Leeham
2011-02-09, 02:15 PM
sorry I'm late, some small Internet issues

Across the tavern, Lucan wakes with a start and looks over to see what all the noise is about. Lifting his eyepatch to reveal a perfectly healthy eye, he squints to get a better look at the gathering adveturers. This must be them... he thinks.

He inhales sharply, adjusts his eyepatch, gathers up his belongings and walks over to the others.
"Good day sirs and... beasts... I believe you're waiting for me?"

ApeofLight
2011-02-09, 02:42 PM
Tomph looks over at Lucan. The only thing showing his surprise at the healthy eye under the eye patch is an ever so slight tilt to his head. " Are you the one that asked for adventurers to gather so that he could form a contract of sorts? " He says in his oddly loud voice for someone that talks very little.

salt3d
2011-02-09, 03:30 PM
As Lucan approaches, Vyan shifts back to her elf form.

"I mean no harm," she says quietly to Zephyr, "I did not know I would... make a fuss. Where I am from we are very, how you say, expressive?"

TimelordSimone
2011-02-09, 04:16 PM
Zephyr takes a gulp from his ale.

"Something like that would be viewed by most, I think, akin to drawing weapons." he replies to Vyan, quietly, "And you can see how that would be responded to poorly." He chuckles warmly. "Anyway, seems we may have some work!"

Taking another swig of his drink, Zephyr turns to the others, "While I can't speak confidently for my new compatriots here," he raises his glass towards Vyan, ToteM, and Broxigar, "I am very interested to hear what you have to say. Zephyr J Tethys, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Fox Box Socks
2011-02-09, 04:32 PM
As Lucan approaches, Vyan shifts back to her elf form.

"I mean no harm," she says quietly to Zephyr, "I did not know I would... make a fuss. Where I am from we are very, how you say, expressive?"
Julian sips his drink and chuckles.

"You're not in the forest anymore, elf. Give folks a little warning before you do that sort of thing."

mastermind
2011-02-09, 05:48 PM
Lore
The world is a desert world (Not necessarily a Sahara-type desert), where ancient constructs roam the deserts. Magic has been used to start a sort of industrial revolution. Most inventions are magic-powered. However, it is rumored that there are machines being developed that do not rely on magic and yet rival the power of a magic missile. This machine of legend could bring chaos to the world- especially if it is real.

The world has many countries, but you live in a large autocratic eempire, much akin to Napoleon's. It is ruled by a mysterious ruler. Some say the ruler is a tall eladrin, and others say he is much akin to a human. A few even say he looks like a dragon.

Surrealistik
2011-02-09, 06:12 PM
Julian sips his drink and chuckles.

"You're not in the forest anymore, elf. Give folks a little warning before you do that sort of thing."

The tiefling nods, gaze now settled on the burly looking half-elf.

"Quite. This may be a backwater hamlet, but a modicum of civility goes a long way; even the town firestarter can tell you that much."

He then responds to the newcomer's query with a laconic shrug.

"Should you be the one offering the contract; if not, we've need of more bodies to fill out his desired quota just the same."

Xplode
2011-02-09, 07:28 PM
FYI for Mastermind, Salt3d has advised me that my stats are slightly to high (I love it when I get a good roll ! :) ) I will make some adjustments in the next few hours for you

ToteM wakes with a start as the ale he had been drinking went straight to his head and nearly sent him to sleep.

Totem says Woah, that drink went to all the wrong places. I had better pace myself, I may be large but I don't believe Ale is my forte"

Upon announcing his inability to handle his ale, ToteM looks around the table sensing something of a unsettling nature has recently passed.

" So fellow travelers, I hope I didn't miss too much while I was sleeping, I trust by the smiles around the table everything is OK?"

ToteM Looks to the newcomer and says Welcome stranger, feel like joining us? ... Maybe you could finish my ale for me as I don't seem to be taking to it too well"

Fox Box Socks
2011-02-09, 08:46 PM
*OOC: I'm actually playing the only human in the group. Well, mostly human. Foulborn still technically counts as human, right? :smallcool:

The tiefling nods, gaze now settled on the burly looking half-elf.

"Quite. This may be a backwater hamlet, but a modicum of civility goes a long way; even the town firestarter can tell you that much."
Julian drained the last bit of his ale before placing his empty mug on the table with a slight *thud*.

"Not civility. Tact. Wild displays of power like that are more common in the wastes. Here they mostly upset the rabble."

Surrealistik
2011-02-09, 09:53 PM
"Ah, but the two are much the same, tact being the soul and essence of civility of course..."

Kaeravak smiles, relaxing in his chair as he waits on their to-be employer.

ApeofLight
2011-02-09, 10:51 PM
The half-orc chimes in to what Kaeravak says. " Tact is a arm of civility, or the tongue to be exact. The essence of civility is respect for others. " Tomph says loudly but not with any tone of correcting or chastisement but more as if reciting a mantra or passage.

salt3d
2011-02-09, 11:06 PM
Vyan's eyes dart from one speaker to the next as she follows the discussion of her behaviour, repeating select words to herself in a whisper.

"Warning... hamlet... civility... rabble."

Vyan ponders for a moment before announcing, "This civility you speak of is not the great achievement you make it out to be. The, how you say, abominations wandering the desert can attest to that. Were it not for civility, I would still be living in my homeland and we might be happily, how you say, ignorant of each other."

After a brief pause, she continues. "Do not misunderstand me. I mean no harm to anyone here. But you should not blame my actions for your reaction to them. My shifting is no more to me than a, how you say, raised eyebrow might be to you."

Surrealistik
2011-02-09, 11:45 PM
The tiefling grins, his sanguine fingers folded into a contemplative arch beneath an immaculately sculpted goatee.

"Ah, but my friend, consider that civility need not necessitate respect; merely courtesy, politeness, for whatever reasons the wielder sees fit, whether its source be the genuine esteem of a friend, or the guile of a flatterer seeking his own surreptitious ends."

He inclines his head towards the druidess with a shallow bow, acknowledging her reply.

"That said, in their own way, the elf's words resound with a certain accuracy, but I tire of semantics!"

Impatience quickly seizes the wizard's countenance as his eyes scrabble and dart about the deary bar, making several hasty circuits of the interior.

"Now, I desire only to learn the details of our contract! My patience wears thin, frayed by apprehension; where is this issuer?"

Apollyon
2011-02-10, 07:36 AM
After his next song finishes, Chet looks at the tiefling, "I advise patience, Fiery One; we have only been here for a short while."

He pauses for a second, pulls out a thin implement, and continues, "I'm sorry, but I cannot recall having heard your name."

Semi-OOC:If Kaeravak gives his name, he will put the implement to his left forearm, and "write" it down using his racial shifting ability to add a tattoo onto his forearm, below the others.

Ron2112
2011-02-10, 09:01 AM
Thanald

Responding to Vyan, Thanald says, "My old master would note that there are parts of this world where that raised eyebrow can give away to a potential enemy just as much as more dramatic displays of power." He pauses for a moment. "But enough philosophy. I, too, would learn where to seek some employment around here."

ApeofLight
2011-02-10, 10:02 AM
Tomph nods. " Yes, I too wish to meet our employer but patience is needed at all time. " The half-orc says and settles into his seat to wait. He falls silent and seems to be more concentrated on his breathing.

Surrealistik
2011-02-10, 10:47 AM
After his next song finishes, Chet looks at the tiefling, "I advise patience, Fiery One; we have only been here for a short while."

He pauses for a second, pulls out a thin implement, and continues, "I'm sorry, but I cannot recall having heard your name."

"That may be true for most among us, but hours of deary patronage have worn on me in waiting."

He turns to consider the apparent performer in the latter's moment of pause, edges of his lips curled in a half frown, rubicund eyes searching, slightly narrowed, as if to insinuate there was something amiss about the man, something the tiefling couldn't quite place.

"Kaeravak, and your own?"

Is the wizard's curt reply.

Leeham
2011-02-10, 01:48 PM
Lucan takes a seat next to ToteM, grabs the ales and swallows it in one gulp before promptly coughing and spluttering. He leans over to the minotaur and whispers into his ear...

"Do you know these people? Are they always like this?"

He eyes the Tiefling warily, nervously fingering the hilt of his sword.
"You're the Fire for Hire aren't you?"

Surrealistik
2011-02-10, 02:22 PM
The tiefling exudes a booming laugh at the mention of his alias.

"Indeed, or so I am known around these parts; an...

He pauses momentarily, a vicious grin sundering his apparent vexation.

...appropriate epithet I suppose."

salt3d
2011-02-10, 03:35 PM
After a time Vyan tires of following the stream of long words. For people who talk a lot, they don't seem to say much, she thinks to herself.

Having acclimatised somewhat to the enclosed environment of the tavern, Vyan relaxes slightly. She looks around, taking in her surroundings properly for the first time since her arrival.

Perception check: [roll0]

Xplode
2011-02-10, 06:02 PM
Lucan takes a seat next to ToteM, grabs the ales and swallows it in one gulp before promptly coughing and spluttering. He leans over to the minotaur and whispers into his ear...

"Do you know these people? Are they always like this?"

He eyes the Tiefling warily, nervously fingering the hilt of his sword.

" Our table has just formed Sir. All of us have just met tonight, while there is some tension you might be picking up on I feel that it is merely the unknown that is causing the hilt of doubt on character. We have all met by chance/fate or maybe even foolhardiness. Whatever the reason, I believe that we are all looking for the same thing....Now lets drink and be merry while we wait for our prospective employers"

ToteM gestures over to the Tiefling secretly and leans in to whisper in Lucan's ear. hold your sword friend and save it for a more deserving foe, as our fiery friend has done nothing wrong. I am sure you will get the opportunity to extend ourselves sooner rather then later.

ToteM sits back in his chair whips out his fathers old pipe and proceeds to puff on his family's old recipe of fine tobacco. Upon Exhaling ToteM lets out a satisfied and long"Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

mastermind
2011-02-10, 06:05 PM
The tavern appears quite small, and dingy, you and your companions actually make up the bulk of the current clientele. The other customers appear to be a group of 5 or so elves.

oblivion6
2011-02-10, 06:22 PM
does anybody know when this employers supposed to show up or how much hes paying? Broxigar asks the members of the overcrowded table next to him

Surrealistik
2011-02-10, 06:27 PM
"He's _quite_ overdue at this point!"

Seethes Kaeravak, his broad grin obliterated upon mention of the wayward client.

salt3d
2011-02-10, 06:50 PM
Underneath the clothing masking her face, Vyan blushes, embarrassed that she hadn't noticed the elves until now. She approaches the group.

"Hello, my kin. There is word of a task or assignment in the offing from this place. As you have no doubt heard my companions grow impatient waiting for news of this task. Might you know anything about it?"

I'd like to roll an insight check against any response Vyan receives. [roll0]

Apollyon
2011-02-10, 07:42 PM
"I'm Chet. Would you like to hear a song, to help pass the time, or are you determined to be querulous until our patron arrives?"

TimelordSimone
2011-02-10, 08:12 PM
"I'm Chet. Would you like to hear a song, to help pass the time, or are you determined to be querulous until our patron arrives?"

"I, for one, would love to hear some more music."

Moving closer, Zephyr speaks quietly in Chet's ear: "Did I hear you mention Sehanine before? Because I too find myself travelling in Her name. It's a joy to meet another." Zephyr grabs Chet's hand, shaking it enthusiastically.

Fox Box Socks
2011-02-10, 08:54 PM
Julian knew all too well the trials and tribulations that came with living with an ancestral curse, but in his experience there were only two types of tieflings; those that strove to overcome the sins of their ancestors, and those who reveled in them.

Time would tell which one this would be, but for now, Julian did his best to simply observe.

The tiefling exudes a booming laugh at the mention of his alias.

"Indeed, or so I am known around these parts; an...

He pauses momentarily, a vicious grin sundering his apparent vexation.

...appropriate epithet I suppose."
Well, that answers THAT question...

Julian adjusts his goggles.

"Since names are being tossed around, I'm Julian. Julian Kray"

mastermind
2011-02-10, 08:58 PM
Your patron arrives.

Surrealistik
2011-02-10, 09:34 PM
"At last; for a moment, I was beginning to fear we had lost the contract..."

Kaeravak beckons the man over with a cordial wave of his hand.

"Come my friend! Those before you seek employ, and I believe each would prove an invaluable asset to the team you've requested."

He gestures to the assembled group, arm making a swift pan across the tavern, indicating each in turn.

"But then, I suppose we might benefit from a greater understanding of the work offered. I know only the vaguest of information about the job: danger, a generous yield, but what is expected of us precisely?"

ApeofLight
2011-02-10, 09:42 PM
Tomph nods. " Yes, I would like to know what the work you want done is. " The half-orc says looking at their patron.

The monk stands his quarterstaff against the table and leans forward towards their patron intent to hear what they have to say.

oblivion6
2011-02-10, 09:56 PM
yes. i to am anxious to hear what you wish us to accomplish

Xplode
2011-02-10, 11:03 PM
Indeed Sir, please present your terms ..

Fox Box Socks
2011-02-10, 11:04 PM
Julian stares blankly at the newly arrived patron.

Ron2112
2011-02-11, 06:39 AM
Thanald turns, giving his full attention to his prospective employer......

mastermind
2011-02-11, 07:57 AM
"I wish for you to deliver this parcel to the village a day north of here. The recipient works at the smith's. He will pay you 50 gold for your efforts." Your patron hands you the parcel.

ApeofLight
2011-02-11, 10:07 AM
Tomph nods. " Sounds easy enough. Though if it were easy you wouldn't need us, yes? " The half-orc decides to put the parcel into his pack if no one stops him from doing so. " I am guessing that this parcel needs to be delivered through the desert and we will probably run into the machines, yes? That is why you need adventurers, no? " The monk says in his loud voice.

Fox Box Socks
2011-02-11, 11:05 AM
"What's in the package."

Surrealistik
2011-02-11, 11:13 AM
Tomph nods. " Sounds easy enough. Though if it were easy you wouldn't need us, yes? " The half-orc decides to put the parcel into his pack if no one stops him from doing so. " I am guessing that this parcel needs to be delivered through the desert and we will probably run into the machines, yes? That is why you need adventurers, no? " The monk says in his loud voice.

Kaeravak nods gravely.

"Of course; the whole of the desert crawls with deadly artifice. Out on the burning sands, the sun, for all its heat and ubiquity, is hardly the greatest danger."

Insinuations of a smile soon contort the wizard's lips.

"Nonetheless I must confess a certain... gladness. This shall prove an excellent opportunity to test and refine my arts without the hazard of venturing alone, nor the interference of petty authorities."

Ron2112
2011-02-11, 06:31 PM
Thanald

"While I agree with my brother wizard's sentiment, I would feel more at ease to know the contents of this package. Are you at liberty to divulge this?" he asks of the patron.

mastermind
2011-02-11, 06:47 PM
"It's actually a block of special metal that the smith had been begging me to get for him."

TimelordSimone
2011-02-11, 07:17 PM
Oh. I was hoping it would be something interesting.

ApeofLight
2011-02-11, 07:52 PM
" Well then, it seems all we need now is the name of the blacksmith, the direction of the city, and the name of said city? " Tomph says and then looks around at those around.

Surrealistik
2011-02-11, 09:03 PM
"Quite. Provide us with the information required, and we'll depart at once."

Fox Box Socks
2011-02-12, 12:24 AM
Julian nods.

salt3d
2011-02-12, 12:29 AM
Unable to elicit a response from the elves, Vyan turns away from them upon the arrival of the patron. Listening keenly to the description of the task, Vyan studies the patron's every move, trying to discern the sincerity of the request.

Insight check: [roll0]

Apollyon
2011-02-12, 10:55 AM
"While I am underwhelmed by the magnitude of the quest, especially considering the sheer amount of attention that it has received..."

The half-elf gestures broadly at the assembled 8 others, and continues, "I, for one, am not one to turn down the possibility of excitement and money. How many were you expecting when you put out the call?"

Surrealistik
2011-02-12, 11:29 AM
"It is the pittance of a reward that vexes me most, though I imagine such an opportunity for experimentation is not to be squandered."

The tiefling shrugs.

"Besides, I am plagued with unresolved curiosity about these rogue desert machines; a close, first hand examination with the backing of allies would be most desirous."

Apollyon
2011-02-12, 12:58 PM
"It's possible that the compensation was designed with a group of 4 or 5 in mind. Since we have double that number, we can try to renegotiate with him when we get there. He may not be willing, since he's already spending a good amount of money to acquire this. We'll see when we get there."

Ron2112
2011-02-12, 12:58 PM
"I'm inclined to agree -- it's the journey, not the destination, that matters," Thanald says. "Shall we head out?"

TimelordSimone
2011-02-12, 01:08 PM
"I agree completely," Zephyr says, pointing to Thanald, "I'm quite prepared to leave at once."

mastermind
2011-02-12, 01:43 PM
"The towns name is Vendark, and it is about 30 miles north of here. If you reach an rocky outcropping with 5 runes on the rock, you've gone too far east."

oblivion6
2011-02-12, 02:37 PM
i am in to. some money and bloodshed is better than none.

mastermind
2011-02-12, 03:16 PM
Oblivion: Please use a spell-check.

ApeofLight
2011-02-12, 03:24 PM
" I believe bloodshed and fighting should be avoided. We should leave now, we still have plenty of sun light left. " Tomph says and stands up with the package of metal in his own pack. " Consider this delivery complete because we shall not fail. "

Apollyon
2011-02-12, 03:42 PM
Chet reaches back, snags his backpack from the wall, stows his instrument, and pulls out a finely-decorated metal rod, holding it in his left hand.

"It looks as though we are agreed, then. It should be a few days walk. Anyone need to pick up supplies or rations before we depart?"

Surrealistik
2011-02-12, 03:59 PM
Kaeravak grasps a simple but expertly crafted obsidian staff that had been leaning against his table. The piece is obviously valuable; beyond the quality of its artifice, it is adorned with many arcane symbols, precisely carved into a heavily polished surface that almost shines with reflective lustre. Belying its ostensible perfection however, some portions of the shaft appear lightly soiled with bright, contrasting ash; clear testimony of its owner's questionable 'research'.

"I am quite ready, or rather have been so since I had deigned to drink in this miserable haunt. I wish to proceed at our earliest convenience."

ApeofLight
2011-02-13, 11:44 AM
" Well then let us be off before the daylight is wasted. " Tomph says and heads for the door. Whether he is followed or not is up to the others but he will be heading towards the desert going north.

Surrealistik
2011-02-13, 11:58 AM
With staff in hand and pack mounted, Kaeravak quickly follows the half-orc out into the midday (?) sun, beckoning the others with a wave of his hand.

TimelordSimone
2011-02-13, 12:26 PM
Zephyr shrugs, downs what remains of his ale, and follows, whistling cheerfully.

Fox Box Socks
2011-02-13, 03:04 PM
Julian quietly packs up his things and head towards the door with the rest of the group.

Leeham
2011-02-13, 03:07 PM
Lucan stands, adjusts the collar on his jacket and boldly strides towards the door, his single spur on his mis-matched boots jingling, thud-chink, thud-chink. As he opens the door and feels the warm sun on his face, he crushes a beaten leather hat onto his head. "Well, this is better than nothing" he announces to no-one in particular before walking off into the sunlight. Thud-chink, thud-chink, thud-chink...

salt3d
2011-02-13, 03:39 PM
A sound of frustration escapes Vyan. She closes her eyes briefly to compose herself, before following the rest of the party outside. As she passes the patron, Vyan whispers "I am unable to tell whether you are being, how you say, honest. I will trust you, for now. But heed my words, if your intention is not good, you will, how you say, pay."

oblivion6
2011-02-13, 03:59 PM
Broxigar begins to follow the rest of the group

Xplode
2011-02-13, 05:11 PM
ToteM grabs his things and quickly follows the rest of the party.

Ron2112
2011-02-13, 05:15 PM
Thanald gathers his small cache of things and follows the group out of the tavern.

Surrealistik
2011-02-13, 05:29 PM
OOC Thread is up: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10368127#post10368127

Apollyon
2011-02-13, 07:31 PM
Chet quietly notes to himself, "It looks like they are all set."

With a bow to what's left of his audience, he dons his backpack, and strides out the door.

mastermind
2011-02-15, 04:59 PM
The small village has only a few dozen buildings. The only business is the one you were just in, and a few market stands surrounding an oasis not more than 10 feet wide. There is only a north-south road running through the town.

Apollyon
2011-02-15, 06:51 PM
Chet exits the tavern to run into the group standing outside. He turns to go down the north road, and implores to the rest, "Let's get going. It will be a few days walk."

With that, he starts walking towards the destination.

salt3d
2011-02-15, 07:23 PM
Vyan's eyes brighten the moment she steps out from the tavern. In a few quick steps she catches up to Chet, and says to him, "Do you mind playing some more while we travel?"

Surrealistik
2011-02-15, 07:53 PM
Stepping out into the blazing afternoon heat, Kaeravak seems indifferent to, even at home in the harsh glare of the sun, his taut frame loosening, appearing to relax beneath its light robes with a whisper of a sigh. The tiefling takes a moment to fix the dusty backwater with one last dispassionate look before he heads off to the north, eyes erupting into baleful flames, staff and clothing suddenly smeared in gruesome patterns of charnel and dripping blood as he passes beyond the city limits, well beyond the sight of the townsfolk.

mastermind
2011-02-15, 08:43 PM
The villagers scream and run at the sight.

Apollyon
2011-02-16, 07:45 AM
The half-elf leading the way stops his playing upon seeing the tiefling's transformation.

"The visuals are nice, and I'm sure the sand is very impressed, but I can assure you that they might make things difficult if we meet a caravan."

And with that, the half-elf resumes playing his song.

ApeofLight
2011-02-16, 08:49 AM
Tomph looks at Kaeravak and takes a few steps away. He doesn't trust him with that appearance. He seems to much like the demons from the stories he was told when he was at the monastery.

TimelordSimone
2011-02-16, 09:59 AM
The half-elf leading the way stops his playing upon seeing the tiefling's transformation.

"The visuals are nice, and I'm sure the sand is very impressed, but I can assure you that they might make things difficult if we meet a caravan."

"Right, because otherwise we look entirely unthreatening." Zephyr smirks, looking around at the group.

Surrealistik
2011-02-16, 11:21 AM
Kaeravak merely smirks at the half-elf's quip, the fire of his eyes flaring and crackling as his lips part in reply.

"It is not the sand I mean to impress, so much as the bandits and highwaymen."

Ron2112
2011-02-16, 02:10 PM
Thanald

Thanald rolls his eyes at his new companion's trick. "I hope the recipient of this package is the one who is going to pay us....I don't imagine we'll be welcomed back into town after that stunt."

Leeham
2011-02-16, 02:20 PM
"Either that, or you've just becone an enormous glowing target for the bandits..." Lucan chuckles to himself...

Surrealistik
2011-02-16, 02:33 PM
Kaeravak shakes his head with a laugh.

"That my eyes are aflame will hardly draw more attention to us than the sight of nine individuals roaming about the desert; but when they do take notice, my magic will serve to dissuade them."

I just want to be clear on the fact that the townsfolk should not have been able to see Kaeravak at the point he imbued himself with those effects; he would not have done so in view of the village for obvious reasons.

salt3d
2011-02-16, 03:44 PM

Vyan follows Chet and his music closely, trying to hum along with the tune even though she clearly doesn't know it.

Once the party is a few minutes out of town, Vyan shifts, appearing at first to drop to her hands and knees, but before her hands touch the road they become paws, and Vyan becomes a grey wolf. She stays by Chet's side, occasionally looking up at him and attempting to howl in time with the music.

"Aroo, roo, rooooo!"

Fox Box Socks
2011-02-16, 06:15 PM
Julian eyes Kaeravak warily.

"Way to keep a low profile there, slick."

Surrealistik
2011-02-16, 07:08 PM
The wizard merely sighs, face locked in an agitated sneer, eyes narrowed with open annoyance as his explanations fall on apparently deaf ears. Finding an endeavour more worthy of his time, he focuses on the road ahead, wary for any rogue constructs and brigands.

mastermind
2011-02-17, 09:31 AM
Kaeravak: Sorry. What's done is done.

After traveling for 8 hours, the sun starts to set.

ApeofLight
2011-02-18, 08:46 AM
As the sun starts to dip down Tomph stops right where he is. " This is good a place as any to set up camp. " He says and unslings his pack from his shoulders.

salt3d
2011-02-18, 09:22 AM
"You may do as you wish," says Vyan, having shifted back to humanoid form, "but I suppose at least some of the party would prefer to, how you say, not die. Making camp in the middle of the road is as good a place as any to be killed by bandits or captured by slavers."

Vyan begins to survey the area while continuing. "Besides, the nighttime weather alone is enough to kill people less, how you say, resilient than you," adding to herself in barely a whisper, "or foolhardy."

To the rest of the party, Vyan says "Wait here; I shall be only a moment." Vyan shifts, and before anyone has a chance to discern what type of bird she has become she launches herself into the air and flies towards the sun, her avian form silhouetted by it as it descends towards the horizon.

A minute or so later Vyan returns, shifting back to her elf form once again.

Nature check for finding a safe place to rest: [roll0]

Ron2112
2011-02-18, 09:49 AM
Thanald

"....and while Vyan searches from the air, I shall search for someplace nearby that is not a nest."

[roll0]

Surrealistik
2011-02-18, 01:14 PM
Kaeravak looks on with undisguised amusement as the druid and wizard scrabble about in search of a fitting campsite with their respective methods. His attention is fleeting however, and he is soon busied with offhand acts of prestidigitation, whiling the time away. The mage's deft hands come to life as tiny, prismatic flames leap and dance between his palms and fingers in an colourful show of pyromancy.

ApeofLight
2011-02-19, 11:40 AM
Tomph sighs and sits down to wait while the others find someplace to make camp. He's not very familiar with camping so he let's the others take care of it.

Xplode
2011-02-23, 06:56 PM
ToteM finally plonks his cow arse on the ground right in the middle of the road, crosses his hooves and lets out a sigh .....

Totem says to the party " If ye all don't get a shake on with the camping ordeal I will have no choice bar to Mooooo you all to death with my singing" A joking smile appears across his face to let everyone know he is having some fun with them all.

"Now to deliver on my promise here is a tune for you, Moooooooooo, Mo Mo Mo , Moooooooooooooo.ma me ma mo mar mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" and Totems mooing song wafts off quietly into the night .....

salt3d
2011-02-23, 07:12 PM
Vyan can barely contain herself at the sound of ToteM's song. Before revealing to the party the results of her aerial search, she shifts, turning into a cow and joining in the mooing.

"Mooooooooo!"

Xplode
2011-02-24, 02:11 AM
Totem is thrilled to have another in his song and with a bout of gusto he calls " fellow travellers come join us in a mooooooooo fest ... 1, 2 , 3 now lest Moooooooooooooooo ! "

Leeham
2011-02-24, 02:43 PM
Lucan slumps his pack onto the ground and sits next to it, legs at an awkward angle to avoid stabbing himself with his single spur. He opens the pack and starts rummaging aroung, occasionaly discarding various bits and bobs, throwing them over his shoulder into the sand. Eventually he comes across a small octagonal board set with small dimples, and a small leather pouch, from which he pours an assortment of marble sized balls made from various materials.

"Game anyone?"

mastermind
2011-02-25, 10:49 PM
Wandring Kruthiks are attracted to the mooing. They attack the party in search of food.

Apollyon
2011-02-26, 10:10 AM
"I suppose that it's eating time for them as well. But I daresay that they will have a harder time finding food than they expected. With the help of my Lady, I shall see to that."

With that, Chet brings his right hand over to the rod, looks upwards to the heavens, and pulls his hands away in a flash of light.

After your eyes adjust from the momentary brilliance, you'll notice a new addition to Chet's form: a 5 foot long translucent crystal in his right hand. It appears to be a very irregularly shaped sword, bending at odd angles, with jutting crystals protruding from the side.

Initiative:

[roll0] (Still last, now a 4)

OOC:
How many are there? And what type of Kruthiks are they?

Nature: [roll1]

Surrealistik
2011-02-27, 11:01 AM
"Ah, at last."

The pyromancer stands, spreading his arms wide as his hands burst into flames, skeins of brilliant fire entwining his staff, its obsidian length ablaze with scorching heat and glowering incandescence.

"Perhaps all that insipid mooing was for the best; I do so love broiled Kruthik."

Initiative: [roll0] (Actually 10)

Leeham
2011-02-27, 12:54 PM
"Well said friend! Save me a leg!"

Lucan jumps to his feet, grabs his battered shield and draws his ornate scimitar.
He whips off his eye patch, and scans the battlefield.

"Ok, here's the plan..."

I should also mention that everyone gets +2 initiative. So I really got a 23.

[roll0]

My first roll is a twenty?!? Hell yeah!

Ron2112
2011-03-01, 09:14 AM
Thanald -- having already been up and about in search of wood for the fire -- turns quickly in the direction of the "visitors," his staff at the ready.

I'm guessing I'm going first, since I rolled a 22 for initiative in the OOC thread, but I'll wait for the A-OK from the DM.

mastermind
2011-03-02, 06:31 PM
Yes, yes, everybody go.
Kruthiks got a 13, BTW

The Kruthiks are about the stature of a halfling, and you see a few dozen of them.

salt3d
2011-03-02, 07:35 PM
Sorry I deleted my other post because I can't add rolls to an edit.

Are we going to get a map for this encounter?

Also can I do a nature check to see how much Vyan knows about Kruthiks? [roll0]

mastermind
2011-03-02, 09:16 PM
Nah, takes too much time.

These are Kruthik Hatchlings, which are snall, natural, reptilian beasts worth 31 XP each. They are minions.

Do you want me to type up the lore, too?

salt3d
2011-03-02, 09:23 PM
No that's all good. How far away from the party and how spread out are they?

mastermind
2011-03-02, 09:25 PM
Close enough to attack.

salt3d
2011-03-02, 09:39 PM
How many can I hit with an area burst 1?

Apollyon
2011-03-03, 08:29 PM
OOC: I'm going to assume that a Hatchling makes it near me, or that I can move near one, and I'm going to use Resplendent Blade. I'll fill in a description once it hits my turn.

Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage: Infinity + 1.

mastermind
2011-03-04, 11:24 PM
Area burst 1: It affects 1 square, so 1.

Damage: I... do not understand.

salt3d
2011-03-05, 07:45 AM
Vyan shifts back to elf form at the sight of the kruthiks. She closes her eyes and points her staff at the centre of the pack. The ground under the kruthiks dampens momentarily before it turns to water. As the ground turns to water it begins to swirl, faster and faster, creating a vortex that sucks at the beasts.

PHB page 272 describes burst attacks:

Burst: A burst starts in an origin square and extends
in all directions to a specified number of squares
from the origin square. For example, the cleric
power flame strike is a burst 2 within 10 squares of
you, which means the power originates in a square
up to 10 squares away from you and affects the
origin square and every square within 2 squares
of it (a 5-square-by-5-square area). Unless a power
description notes otherwise, a close burst you create
does not affect you. However, an area burst you
create does affect you. A burst affects a target only
if there is line of effect from the burst’s origin square
to the target.

So area burst 1 affects nine squares. Since a few dozen means at least 36, I'd guess there's a spot Vyan can aim that will affect nine kruthiks.

Minor action: Wild Shape, shift to elf form.
Standard action: Grasping Tide, area burst 1 within 10, Wisdom (+4) vs Fortitude, 1d6+4 damage.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Damage in case there are non-minions: [roll9]

salt3d
2011-03-05, 07:52 AM
Sorry for the double post, but I would like to use Elven Accuracy to reroll the 7, and I can't add it by editing.

[roll0]

mastermind
2011-03-05, 05:40 PM
Vyan's spell sucks in nine kruthiks. Five of them manage to burrow out before the hard ground solidifies again.

Ron2112
2011-03-06, 06:48 AM
Thanald

The eladrin gestures towards the nearest kruthik, and a ray of white frost erupts from his fingertips.

Attacking with Ray of Frost (vs. Fortitude)

[roll0]

[roll1]

mastermind
2011-03-06, 09:34 AM
Thanald's attack is interrupted by the attacks of two kruthiks that had moved up to him. Although one misses, the other hits him for 4 damage.

Thanald's attack does not hit his target, unfortunately.

oblivion6
2011-03-11, 08:31 PM
broxigar moves to attack the nearest kruthiks.

whirling frenzy

to hit
Roll(1d20)+7:
13,+7
Total:20

damage
Roll(1d6)+0:
2,+0
Total:2

Roll(1d8)+0:
7,+0
Total:7

total:2+7+5=14

Edit:burst 1

miss

i take 1d6 damage

Edit:burst 1

Leeham
2011-03-15, 12:46 PM
Lucan charges the nearest kruthik, heedless of any others and simply smashes it with his scimitar.

ATTACK: [roll0]
DAMAGE: Dead minion