PDA

View Full Version : [4e/Any] Player Organization Problems

Frodiddly
2011-02-07, 07:25 PM
Hey guys. So, I've been having some trouble with my gaming group lately, mostly concerning getting everyone together to play. We haven't played my (ostensibly) weekly game for three weeks now, and I've been trying to get everyone together on Sundays to play.

This isn't normally problematic, and everyone in the group says that the given Sunday will work fine, and they'll be there. Then, Sunday comes around, and they have to back out at the last minute for homework, hanging out with their girlfriend, or watching the Super Bowl (and they watched it at my place, I room with one of the players), even though they've said they didn't care about watching the football game. Furthermore, all of this happens without anyone letting me know ahead of time. And it's not like I'm springing the game on them, either. They've had over a week's notice in every case.

So, this week, I told them I'm not organizing the meeting for the game anymore, and they'll have to work that out themselves until we start playing again. I never have much in the way of conflicts, so it's not a problem for me. What I'm wondering is this: Am I being too hard on everyone? Or am I doing something wrong? What do I need to do to get everyone at the table without having to drag them over and chain them to the table?

Oh, and the funny thing is? The three people I'm having trouble with are the three veterans of D&D. The other three people had never really played before this campaign.

Amnestic
2011-02-07, 07:37 PM
So, this week, I told them I'm not organizing the meeting for the game anymore, and they'll have to work that out themselves until we start playing again.

I know you're frustrated (understandably so in my opinion), but this makes it seem like you're having a bit of a hissy fit which probably won't endear your troubles to them.

Talking to them directly about it might give a better result. This-

or watching the Super Bowl (and they watched it at my place, I room with one of the players), even though they've said they didn't care about watching the football game.

to me makes it seems like there might be something else at hand. Perhaps they want a break from D&D, or just this campaign.