PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Cleric Rebuilding--Need Help!

HayseedGames
2011-02-07, 11:20 PM
So, I've come into a bit of a conundrum.

I was playing Czernobog, my Kobold Cleric. He died ( grey render--nasty things ). Through some creative work on the part of myself( convincing him ) and my DM( coming up with the idea ), his soul was caught by the deity he worships and shoved into a body where the soul was on the way out.

Long story short, a series of ressurection rolls later, and I'm back--as a Maenad. Minus the Psi powers, because the DM isn't into them, but I do get to keep the screaming blast of destruction and their pseudo-rage.

But Czernobog's feats were all based on being a Kobold ( Dragonwrought, wings, kobold endurance ). Now I've got a new body, a WAY better Strength score ( went from an 11 under the old body to an 18 in the new one ), and three empty feat slots--and I've zero clue what to do.

New Body Czernobog is statted at 18 str, 12 dex, 16 con, 11 int, 18 wis, 11 cha. I've kept him focused on spellcasting so far ( the amulet of retributive healing is NICE ), but I don't know where to go with it. Czern doesn't have the HP to back up being billy berserk on a tank level, and he doesn't have the CHA to fuel Divine Metamagic to too great a degree.

So where do I take him? I'm ready for any ideas.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-02-07, 11:42 PM
Extend, Persist, and DMM: Persist, and try to get Extra Turning such as by giving your new body a flaw or two. Your one persistent spell should be Divine Power, and you should cast Magic Vestment on your full plate and heavy shield each day, preferably with a Lesser Rod of Extend. Con 16 isn't bad, you should have decent HP. Did you update it when your Con bonus changed, or did you just roll extremely poorly on your HP gains at each level? If so, maybe see if you can reroll your HP for your new body, since bad HP rolls tend to be extremely unfair.

HayseedGames
2011-02-07, 11:48 PM
well, the con score didn't change in my new body roll. I have 45 at level 6--not terrible, really ( 7.5 a level average ), but the two ranger/barbarians that Im traveling around with certainly make that look paltry and are our primary tanks.

Morbis Meh
2011-02-08, 12:05 AM
What domains do you have to work with??? if you can pick up another domain somewhere (1 lvl contemplative dip) you should pick up the spell domain and persist wraithstrike (via anyspell) which will make all your melee attacks touch attacks. Alternatively if you don't want to go down the DMM path there is a feat in complete divine that lets you burn turn attempts to regain spells

gbprime
2011-02-08, 12:10 AM
Extend, Persist, and DMM: Persist, and try to get Extra Turning such as by giving your new body a flaw or two. Your one persistent spell should be Divine Power

I swear this should be a drinking game. Every time someone asks about clerics on this site, take a drink when someone mentions Divine Metamagic. :smallsigh:

Do your two tanks lack for combat buffs? Do Devotion or Reserve feats appeal to you?

HayseedGames
2011-02-08, 12:15 AM
I have access to the Knowledge and Air domains, which in retrospect werent the smartest of choices, but my divination bonus and having gaseous form as a domain spell arent terrible. Still, I would have taken Sun for the Radiant PrC

Contemplative dip is a far ways away for me.

As far as the buff question, they only have access to the buff I give them, which can be pretty fun ( throwing Bulls Strength on a full-rage greataxe wielding barbarian is a stock move ).

Im not entirely familiar with devotion and reserve feats, however.

Roderick_BR
2011-02-08, 10:09 AM
I swear this should be a drinking game. Every time someone asks about clerics on this site, take a drink when someone mentions Divine Metamagic. :smallsigh:

Do your two tanks lack for combat buffs? Do Devotion or Reserve feats appeal to you?
Take two when the OP JUST said you wanted an idea other than Divine Metamagic for whatever reason.

Same rules for melee suggestions and the OP explicitly says "no ToB".

Amnestic
2011-02-08, 10:19 AM
I swear this should be a drinking game. Every time someone asks about clerics on this site, take a drink when someone mentions Divine Metamagic.

You sure you're not trying to depopulate these forums from acute alcohol poisoning? *Detects Evil*