PDA

View Full Version : Bonus to untyped rolls? [3.5]

TroubleBrewing
2011-02-08, 09:51 AM
Is there a feat, spell, class feature, ANYTHING at all that gives a bonus to any roll at all? For example, True Strike gives a +20 insight bonus on your next attack roll. Is there anything that gives a +[any] [insight, competence, luck, exalted, vile, feat, equipment, etc] to any roll?

TroubleBrewing
2011-02-08, 10:13 AM
Also, is there any kind of guide online for optimizing ability scores, specifically Intelligence? There was a brilliantgameologists thread a while back, but it's been removed since then.

bartman
2011-02-08, 10:45 AM
In response to your first query, the only thing I can think of is the Action Points variant (Link) (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/adventuring/actionPoints.htm). Basically it allows you to roll 1d6 (increasing to 3d6 by level 15) and add the result to any d20 roll. Check out the SRD for all the info, there is too much to put up here.

term1nally s1ck
2011-02-08, 10:55 AM
There's a Stance in ToB that lets you take 11 on any d20 roll.

PersonMan
2011-02-08, 11:57 AM
X stat to Y bonus (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125354)(surprisingly tough to find, even with search) for the second.

If I'm correct(AFB right now) there's a feat, Devil's Favor, that lets you add a bonus to one roll per day.

Zuljita
2011-02-08, 01:24 PM
I think the knight of the stars and the like out of BoED lets you get a +1 to any roll daily.

Jarian
2011-02-08, 01:27 PM
Surge of Fortune comes very close.

The result of the next attack roll, saving throw, skill check, ability check, or spell penetration check you attempt is treated as a natural 20, as long as it occurs within 1 round of the time you invoked this power.

dextercorvia
2011-02-08, 02:01 PM
Stone of Good Luck (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicitems/wondrousitems.htm#stoneofGoodLuckLuckstone) gives a +1 to Saves, Ability Checks, and Skill Checks.

Improvisation (SpC) gives a bonus to Attacks, Ability Checks, and Skill Checks.

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2011-02-08, 03:06 PM
My Optimized Races Compendium is a good place to start on the Int. Normally character don't solely optimize int past level 4-ish. Other things like skill points or saves or spell DCs end up being easier to specifically optimize. If you post over on my BG thread (no necromancy rules) I can help you mor

Thurbane
2011-02-08, 08:26 PM
There's the human only feat in RoD called Heroic Destiny that allows you to add +1d6 to any d20 roll, 1/day.

dextercorvia
2011-02-08, 09:04 PM
Which reminds me, the 9th level spell in the Destiny domain allows you to reroll all (d20) rolls over the duration. I can't remember the name, but IIRC, it is persistable.

Talbot
2011-02-08, 09:15 PM
Int: Grey Elf (+2 Int, +2 Dex, -2 Con, -2 Str)

Feats: Faerie Mysteries Initiate (Int to HP instead of Con), Keen INtellect (Int to Will Saves and most of the good Wis-based skills), Lightning Reflexes (Int to Reflex Saves), Knowledge Devotion (make INt-based Knowledge checks for bonuses to hit and damage).

Classes: Factotum (depending how much you take of it (at least 3 levels recommended to grab Int to Init and all Str/Dex checks), Int to all sorts of stuff. At 16 you get it permanently to AC, but you can get it to hit, damage, saves, and AC each for 1 inspiration point much earlier in the class).
Swashbuckler 3 gives Int to damage
Warblade uses Int for random combatty things here and there (crit confirmation, resist trip, etc.)