PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Help Optimizing Rocket Punches Warforged

Coplantor
2011-02-08, 12:59 PM
Well, I was checking my build for a warforged that my DM allowed me to use itīs natural attacks as thrown weapons once I got into bloodstorm blade.

My original idea was to go Warblade 2/Fighter 2/bloodstorm blade 10 and the whatever I felt like, using Power Attack, Leap Attack, Shock Trooper and the manuever that changes my AC for an attack roll to offset the AC loss from shock trooper.

But I still feel like I could use some of those bloodstorm levels for something else, to try to come up with something more unique.

Extra information: We get new feats at every even numbered level instead of multiples of 3

Telonius
2011-02-08, 01:12 PM
A couple levels of Kensai could get you the Wounding property on your natural attack. That can be quite a bit better than Blood Rain, especially if you hit multiple times.

Cog
2011-02-08, 01:17 PM
Most times I've seen it come up, the recommendation is that you get out of Bloodstorm Blade after 5th level or so. It eats up your maneuvers without granting any additional progression, so after you've got the good stuff, getting back to Warblade is good. You might want to swap those Fighter levels for Blade instead as well.

How are you qualifying for BsB after only four levels? (There's ways to do it. I'm not sure any of them are worth it, though.)

Coplantor
2011-02-08, 01:22 PM
Yeah, I actually need a BAB of 5, scratch that, it should be Warblade 3/Fighter 2.

Cog
2011-02-08, 01:36 PM
Yeah, I actually need a BAB of 5, scratch that, it should be Warblade 3/Fighter 2.
Rather, you need Balance 8 ranks, but that's not a huge thing. Anyway, Warblade 5 instead would bump you up to third-level maneuvers, which would have to carry you through until whenever you do leave BsB, and give you more bang for your buck if you take any Martial Study feats meanwhile. Considering BsB gives you feats off the Fighter list anyway I don't think that dip really gains you much. If you're keen on it anyway, Fighter 1/Bsb 5 only drops your Initiator Level by three, letting you hit ninths, just barely.