PDA

View Full Version : Rogue/warlock items [D&D 3.5]

OMG PONIES
2011-02-08, 01:34 PM
What cheap weapons (<3,000 gp) are a decent idea for a rogue/warlock? I’m looking for anything that gives extra invocations or eldritch blast damage, particularly. However, items that aid in stealth or being the party face are also wanted.

Diarmuid
2011-02-08, 01:52 PM
AFAIK, the only items that boost Eldritch Blast damage are the Warlock's Scepter, and the 2 versions of the Chausible of Fell Power. The cheapest of any of those is over 8k so they dont fall within your price point.

I dont know of any items that grant extra invocations other than the Rod of Eldritch Essences which allow you apply a specific blast shape or eldritch essence a few times per day, and again the "least" versions of those start at 4k so too much for you.

With 3k to work with, you're probably best off getting that mithril chain shirt +1 and a bunch of scrolls to UMD.

Master_Rahl22
2011-02-08, 05:34 PM
+1 to scrolls to UMD suggestion. You could get scrolls of Invisibility, Glibness, Silence, Charm Person, etc. I'm not aware of any items at all that grant extra invocations. Gloves of Eldritch Admixture (MIC, p.105) cost 2500gp and have 3 charges. You can spend 1, 2, or 3 charges for 2d6, 3d6, or 4d6 extra elemental damage to an Eldritch Blast.

Akal Saris
2011-02-08, 05:58 PM
Some more suggestions:

Gloves of Eldritch Admixture - Mentioned above, SpC Pg. 105.

Ring of the Darkhidden (Magic Item Compendium/MIC) - 2K for a ring that makes you hidden to darkvision on successful Hide checks.

Shadow or Silent Moves armor/shield: 3,750g for +5 competence to Hide or M. Silently (Core)

Boots of Elvenkind/Cloak of Elvenkind: 2,500g for +5 competence to Hide or M. Silently (Core)

Third Eye Improvisation (MIC) - 1K for +5 to an untrained skill check 1/day. As a rogue stand-in, you're expected to make all kinds of weird skill checks like Decipher Script or Use Rope: +5 gives a pretty decent chance at succeeding at such a check.

Third Eye Expose (MIC) - 2.5K for +5 to Sense Motive. Your charisma is probably great and you might even have +6 to the chatty skills from that invocation - this helps your social "defense" since Wis is a dump stat.

Wink Brooch (MIC) - 3/day +2 to Bluff or Diplomacy, 600g