PDA

View Full Version : [3.5/d20 Modorn] A special one-off. Need help planning. (No Players allowed!)

Pika...
2011-02-08, 02:14 PM
http://www.simon.com/mall/malldirectory.aspx?id=139 (See Floorplan)

Basically, I have had this idea for years and want to make it happen. It is a one-off dealing with:

1. I told all my players to write down either a level 1 commoner, or a level 1 warrior (I told the players who were ex-military to do the warriors).
2. The basic idea is that I will start the game off in a mall's foodcourt, which I will describe oddly enough like the major mall in Orlando Florida (see above).
3. I will give the PCs bonuses to certain stats as appropriate.
4. I will then tell the players to change the name on their character sheet to their owns! *dun dun dun*
5. The stats turn out to be based on their IRL selves.
6. Then, suddely as they talk, I start a screaming sound effect.
7. Que people running in from outside.
8. Followed by zombies...
9. Followed by chaos as this suddenly becomes a survival game the PCs will hopefully REALLY relate to.
10. It will hopefully be based on a local holiday. So a BBEG might be a store santa guy turned uber zombie and his midget "elves".

What are your thoughts on this?

How can I pull this off?

I am thinking the hardest part will be stating everything up and putting stated up items in each shop. and getting each shop memorized and such. Ideas please?

Lord Loss
2011-02-08, 03:17 PM
This... this sounds awesome. Are you going for a horror vibe? Or a more pulpy, lighthearted one?

Incorrect
2011-02-08, 03:59 PM
Sounds really fun

Be careful not to offend any of the players with the stats, make sure it is fair.

6. Then, suddely as they talk, I start a screaming sound effect.
7. Que people running in from outside.
8. Followed by zombies...

I REALLY hope you mean in real life. Getting a bunch of actors, larp'ers or HvZ guys in on it, will turn this into the greatest thing of all time!

Pika...
2011-02-08, 04:08 PM
Pulpy/fun i figure. I am not familiar with doing scary.

As for doing it in real life? I am afraid the cops would come for that one. :P

Lord Loss
2011-02-08, 05:22 PM
I suggest you don't use D&D 3.5 for this, if you own books for other systems that would suit it better you could use those.

EDIT: Reread the title. Gosh am I dumb sometimes.

Sir_Mopalot
2011-02-08, 07:27 PM
I've done almost exactly this! I told everyone to make themselves, using one of the many online stat generators (which made me not the enemy in that regard) and it worked really well. I've done it with several different groups, and it's a really fun one-shot, although the character generation can take forever. My advice is to get them to focus more on the nitty-gritty of survival than on combat or anything, combat against zombies tends to be very one-sided, which side having the advantage depending on how well prepared the humans, and how numerous the zombies.