PDA

View Full Version : Hiding Poison/Diseases

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-02-08, 03:43 PM
I'm looking to poison a large group of people (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186532). This group has access to a multitude of Clerics, as well as other spellcasters.
I was wondering if there was a way to prevent poisoned or diseased people, water and/or food from detecting as such.

Thanks.

Marnath
2011-02-08, 03:52 PM
I can't think of any ways to prevent detection off the top of my head, but unless they're already suspicious they shouldn't be checking for poison until after it's too late. If the majority of the army is low level mooks like I think it must be, then most of them will die in the initial poisoning if you manage to distribute it effectively enough and without getting caught. Your best bet is probably wells or maybe the food if they use like giant communal stew pots or something. If they all eat their own trail rations or something that won't work as well.

Kansaschaser
2011-02-08, 04:00 PM
It depends on your DM, but putting injestion poison in an alcaholic beverage normally works. Your DM has to rule that alcahol is a poison though. Then most people that cast "Detect Poison" would know that alcaholic drinks would always detect as poison.

If your DM says that alcahol does not detect as a poison, then you might be able to shrink down the poison with the Shrink Item spell and then turn the shrunk poison into a tiny piece of cloth. Put the tiny piece of cloth in someone's drink or food and they would probably swallow it without even noticing. The only problem is getting the shrunk poison to return to it's normal size. You have to say the magic word and I'm pretty sure you have to be near the person that swalloed the shrunk poison.

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-02-08, 04:20 PM
My DM does generally rule that alcohol detects as poison, so that may work.

The reason I need the food/water to not detect as poisonous is so that the mooks become suspicious of their Clerics; I need to rid the army of their Clerics and it's better if the soldiers themselves take care of it for me. If they think the Clerics are hiding the truth or poisoning the food/water themselves then problem solved, for the most part.

hamishspence
2011-02-08, 04:26 PM
It depends on your DM, but putting injestion poison in an alcaholic beverage normally works. Your DM has to rule that alcahol is a poison though. Then most people that cast "Detect Poison" would know that alcaholic drinks would always detect as poison.

Arms and Equipment Guide does have states for various alcoholic drinks as ingested poisons And says while Neutralize Poison cures most of the negative effects, it doesn't cure hangovers :smallamused:.