PDA

View Full Version : Tashalatora

nekomata2
2011-02-08, 07:31 PM
So this feat specifies "any psionic class" and the prereq feat, Monastic Training, specifies "any class" for what you can take. Does anything define what a class is for this, or could you take it for PrCs as well? So could a person have Tashalatora (Slayer)?

Dusk Eclipse
2011-02-08, 07:37 PM
So this feat specifies "any psionic class" and the prereq feat, Monastic Training, specifies "any class" for what you can take. Does anything define what a class is for this, or could you take it for PrCs as well? So could a person have Tashalatora (Slayer)?

By my reading yes, in fact I had a Tash King of Smack build that relied somewhat on that reading, IIRC the build ended with monk 12 abilities Bab +16 and 9th level powers and ML 20 (Ardent and Practiced manifest almost redeem CPsi in my mind, almost)

Keld Denar
2011-02-08, 07:37 PM
Nothing says that a class has to be a base class. Any psionic class will do. Generally, a psionic class is one that either requires PP to enter, grants PP upon entering, or includes the line "+1 existing psionic class".

so yea, you can take Monastic Training (Slayer) or (War Mind) and Tash it up. You get the best of greater flurry at level 12, so 2 monk levels + 10 PrC levels gets you the best goods.

I had a little build I was playing around with that used Tash for Soul Manifester, which is a Psion/Meldshaping hybred class. Blink Shirt bound to Totem + Sun School tactical feat for pseudo-shadow pouncing!

Coidzor
2011-02-08, 07:58 PM
Nothing says that a class has to be a base class. Any psionic class will do. Generally, a psionic class is one that either requires PP to enter, grants PP upon entering, or includes the line "+1 existing psionic class".

so yea, you can take Monastic Training (Slayer) or (War Mind) and Tash it up. You get the best of greater flurry at level 12, so 2 monk levels + 10 PrC levels gets you the best goods.

Well, you'd need to be level 13, really, as without a level of a class that offers its own manifesting progression, Slayer's not giving one its best stuff.

I had a little build I was playing around with that used Tash for Soul Manifester, which is a Psion/Meldshaping hybred class. Blink Shirt bound to Totem + Sun School tactical feat for pseudo-shadow pouncing!

Now this just sounds fun. :smallbiggrin: Totemist entry, I presume.

Keld Denar
2011-02-08, 08:03 PM
Well, you'd need to be level 13, really, as without a level of a class that offers its own manifesting progression, Slayer's not giving one its best stuff.
More than that, generally. I ment 12 levels total, not ECL12. You probably won't get Greater Flurry on a Slayer chassis until ECL14-15, due to meeting prereqs and all that jazz.

Now this just sounds fun. :smallbiggrin: Totemist entry, I presume.
Yea, the only way to unlock the Totem Chakra is to actually take Totemist levels. I could never get it to work out right though...not enough feats, not enough powers known. I tried to get it to work on a Monk2/Ardent1/Totemist2 chassis before starting Soul Manifester, but you miss out on WAY too many powers, and even with all the bonus feats you get from Monk, its tough to fit in MT, Tash, Azure Talent (needed for SM), Psycarnum Infusion, Imp Natural Attack, Sun School, and all the other crap I wanted before ECL10 or so.

Coidzor
2011-02-08, 08:29 PM
More than that, generally. I ment 12 levels total, not ECL12. You probably won't get Greater Flurry on a Slayer chassis until ECL14-15, due to meeting prereqs and all that jazz. Ahh..

Yea, the only way to unlock the Totem Chakra is to actually take Totemist levels.

x.x Oh, man. Reading comprehension fail on my part.

I could never get it to work out right though...not enough feats, not enough powers known. I tried to get it to work on a Monk2/Ardent1/Totemist2 chassis before starting Soul Manifester, but you miss out on WAY too many powers, and even with all the bonus feats you get from Monk, its tough to fit in MT, Tash, Azure Talent (needed for SM), Psycarnum Infusion, Imp Natural Attack, Sun School, and all the other crap I wanted before ECL10 or so.

Well, improved natural attack can generally be passed over in favor of other fare, but, yeah... never enough feats. May be viable enough in 3.PF though.

What's MT stand for though?

Dusk Eclipse
2011-02-08, 08:36 PM
Ahh..

x.x Oh, man. Reading comprehension fail on my part.

Well, improved natural attack can generally be passed over in favor of other fare, but, yeah... never enough feats. May be viable enough in 3.PF though.

Monastic Training would be my best bet.

Elric VIII
2011-02-08, 08:42 PM

Obviously Mystic Theurge. You can't get enough of that class into any reasonably optimized build.

Or maybe Monastic Training, but I doubt it.