PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a link to a forum post by a 2e player complaining about 3e years ago...

Aron Times
2011-02-08, 11:11 PM
I am currently waiting for the search function's mandatory 60-second wait to search for a link I remember posted here that showed a post on a gaming forum by a 2e player who complained about how the upcoming edition (3e) was going to ruin D&D FOREVER wow this is a very long sentence.

I remember that the linked forum had a green background, and the post was made in 2000, so it's possible that it has been pruned from those forums, but I'm hoping that I can find it so I can show it to a bunch of 4e haters on another forum that the exact same arguments they're using to bash 4e are identical to the ones used to bash 3e.

For teh LULZ...

Help me, oh wise posters of the Playground!

Aron Times
2011-02-08, 11:13 PM
YES!!! I FOUND IT!!!

http://www.gamegrene.com/node/10

Now to post this link to that other forum for teh LULZ...

Aron Times
2011-02-08, 11:28 PM
Damn it. It's not the right one. I think I'm misremembering things.

Oh, I just realized that I posted this in the wrong forum. Can a mod move this to Roleplaying?

Matthew
2011-02-16, 10:56 AM
There must be a lot of posts like that, though, right? Bit of a needle in a haystack!

RndmNumGen
2011-02-16, 11:11 AM
There must be a lot of posts like that, though, right? Bit of a needle in a haystack!

You mean hay in a haystack? :smalltongue:

Yes, there will always be people who believe that the older editions are better than the new ones, and that the new ones will ruin everything. Simple solution: They don't have to play the new ones. The people who like the new can play the new, the people who like the old can play the old. Then everyone's happy.

Matthew
2011-02-16, 11:44 AM
You mean hay in a haystack? :smalltongue:

I suppose in a way, yes. :smallwink:

Yes, there will always be people who believe that the older editions are better than the new ones, and that the new ones will ruin everything. Simple solution: They don't have to play the new ones. The people who like the new can play the new, the people who like the old can play the old. Then everyone's happy.
Well, they can as long as the old ones remain available. The simulacrum games have taken a lot of the sting out of edition changes (which is a bit of a misnomer, in my opinion), which seems to have lessened the bickering.