PDA

View Full Version : Items that buff concentration!

TechnOkami
2011-02-08, 11:59 PM
Long story short, I am making a swordsage. I want to be using Diamond Mind... a lot. So please playgrounders, what items are out there that give me buffs to concentration?

Suichimo
2011-02-09, 12:03 AM
Third Eye Concentrate(MIC 141) and Tunic of Steady Spellcasting(MIC 144). You could also have a custom one made for higher bonuses.

Also, while its not an item, there is the feat Steady Concentration in Races of Stone that is a very big boon to Concentration checks.

Note: The two I mentioned won't stack due to being the same type of bonus.

TechnOkami
2011-02-09, 12:16 AM
Third Eye Concentrate(MIC 141) and Tunic of Steady Spellcasting(MIC 144). You could also have a custom one made for higher bonuses.

Also, while its not an item, there is the feat Steady Concentration in Races of Stone that is a very big boon to Concentration checks.

Alright, I'm digging the Third Eye Concentrate and the Steady Concentration feat... but for the feat: how useful is it for a Swordsage in taking 10 on concentration checks?

Suichimo
2011-02-09, 12:50 AM
Personally, I think that it is a great feat for anyone with access to Diamond Mind, as long as they're using it. At 10th level, you effectively have a minimum of +23 to all saves and there are other good things in Diamond Mind that use Concentration.

TechnOkami
2011-02-09, 01:33 AM
And the fact that I'm an Illithid totally helps... :smallcool:

...any more items though?