PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] advice for feats on an Artificer and extra help

slaydemons
2011-02-09, 01:03 AM
I was wondering what kind of feats should I get to keep one alive any that would help.

and two the retain essence feat you get from this said class goes to your craft reserve but is there a said limit to the size of your reserve or no.

Edit: the reason I am asking is because I just found a copy of the book and didn't feel it explained too well

CheshireCatAW
2011-02-09, 02:04 AM
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=5929.0

That's got a lot of info, part of it wonderful information on useful feats.

The craft reserve does not have a max, however if you level your craft reserve will be set to the amount that it says on the table. So if you have 15000xp in the bank and level up to a level that has 5000xp you will effectively lose 15k in crafting xp from the loss of all the previous bank. So be careful of levelling up if you have many points left and remember the option to delay levelling up until you've used the xp.

Aharon
2011-02-09, 09:07 AM
The guide CheshireCat linked to is a good help.
Most Artificers don't focus on feats that help them stay alive, though - they focus on feats that help them crafting things, which in turn help them stay alive :smalltongue:

At low levels, your choice of infusions will probably more important than your choice of feats, though.
Personal Armor Augmentation => Blinding Shield is a good use, for example. Others can be found in the linked guide.

Yuki Akuma
2011-02-09, 11:08 AM
Exceptional/Extraordinary/Legendary Artisan are pretty much standard. It's like Natural Spell for a druid, you can't not take it if you plan on crafting much.

Improved Homunculus is nice if you plan on using a lot of homunculi. It's in Magic of Ebberon. (Eberron? I can never spell this.)

Artificers are pretty hardy. You don't need to waste feats on staying alive.