PDA

View Full Version : A Prodigal Playground Returns

RTGoodman
2011-02-09, 01:37 AM
Hey everyone here in the Playground! I don't know if any of you remember me, but I was pretty active 'round these parts (especially in Gaming, Homebrew, and Avataring) from 2007 through Fall 2009. I started grad school at that point, and between the hassles of moving and the pressures of grad school, I sort of just left the Playground cold turkey. (If I was playing in one of your PbP games or something at that point, I'm VERY sorry. :smallfrown:)

But anyway... I've been thinking about coming back for a while (especially when I see on Facebook so many great people that I met here and at the Meet-Up I went to), and I guess this is it.

So... what's new here since, uh, August 2009? :smallredface:

Keld Denar
2011-02-09, 01:41 AM
Hey, I remember you.

Same old monk/paladin/3.5vs4e/wizard/alignment/VoP/broken/ToB bullcrap we've been dealing with for the last few years.

Welcome home!

Serpentine
2011-02-09, 01:42 AM
I remember you too. 'ello.

RTGoodman
2011-02-09, 01:49 AM
Hey, I remember you.

Same old monk/paladin/3.5vs4e/wizard/alignment/VoP/broken/ToB bullcrap we've been dealing with for the last few years.

Welcome home!

Haha, yeah, I took a quick look down at the Gaming section and immediately saw the Monk/VoP thread. Oh, things I haven't worried about at all in a year and a half... :smalltongue:

I remember you too. 'ello.

Thanks!

Deth Muncher
2011-02-09, 01:57 AM
Heeeeeeeey! I remember you! Welcome back! And yeah, you haven't missed all that much. :P

Szilard
2011-02-09, 02:02 AM
You're that one guy! With the chicken! And maybe a webcomic! And stuff! I remembers you! Sort of. :smalltongue:

Gorgondantess
2011-02-09, 02:12 AM
Hey, you're the guy who made my first custom avatar! I still have that one in my sig, and credits too! Props, my friend, that one's my favorite next to Slaaneshi Daemon Prince Cthulhu, which only has the other beat through sheer GRIMDARK!!!!1! awesomeness.:smalltongue:

Anuan
2011-02-09, 02:20 AM
Hey, I remember seeing you around :smallbiggrin: Welcome back.

MoelVermillion
2011-02-09, 02:33 AM
I remember your avatar but I don't remember you so much :smallredface:, I was pretty inactive around those times though so don't take it personally! Anyway welcome back to the playground!

RTGoodman
2011-02-09, 03:07 AM
You're that one guy! With the chicken! And maybe a webcomic! And stuff! I remembers you! Sort of. :smalltongue:

No webcomic, but I did avatars. And I think we did a lot of homebrewing together. You partly organized that swamp-based homebrew project, right? Or were working on it, at least?

Hey, you're the guy who made my first custom avatar! I still have that one in my sig, and credits too! Props, my friend, that one's my favorite next to Slaaneshi Daemon Prince Cthulhu, which only has the other beat through sheer GRIMDARK!!!!1! awesomeness.:smalltongue:

Glad you like it! It was one of the first ones I did for people, so I'm happy it turned out so well. I can see it looking out to the GRIMDARK, though!

Dallas-Dakota
2011-02-09, 03:20 AM
Welcome back, at first I was ''Hmm, I vaguely recognise that name.'' But then I saw the avatar and it all came back, wb dude!

grimbold
2011-02-10, 01:18 PM
greetings
as for whats new
me

arguskos
2011-02-10, 01:40 PM
Yeah, I saw you around yesterday, and was all "hey, rtg is back, I liked him". Welcome back. We had more mods added awhile ago, so there's that (best ones you probably would know are that Zeb the Troll, The Glyphstone, and Mark Hall are all mods now). Roland's an Admin now, instead of a Super Moderator. We've advanced on many of the big threads (Random Banter, RW&A, LGBTiP, Depression Thread, etcetcetc). Uh... there's some more comics?

Yeah, not much of huge import.

Gorgondantess
2011-02-10, 11:12 PM
Glad you like it! It was one of the first ones I did for people, so I'm happy it turned out so well. I can see it looking out to the GRIMDARK, though!

The cool thing about it is how delightfully OotS-y it is: not all flashy and detailed, just nice and simple.:smallsmile:
In fact, I actually think now's a good time for a change of pace...:smallbiggrin:

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-02-10, 11:17 PM
Your name and avatar are familiar. I believe I recognize you. Either way, having someone come back to us is always a good thing!

Krade
2011-02-11, 12:56 AM
I noticed that you disappeared shortly after I bought and downloaded Carcassone on XBL and remembered that you were talking about how you had it at Trogland '09. I came on here to see if you wanted to play and found out that you had been gone for months at that point.

So welcome back!

Zaydos
2011-02-11, 12:58 AM
Well I'm new from August 2009 :smallsmile: Nice to see someone new to me :smallsmile:

Icewalker
2011-02-11, 03:11 AM
Yep yep, that's a familiar face. Welcome back! :smallbiggrin:

Fontaine
2011-02-11, 09:18 AM
Ohmygoshohmygosh!
I DON'T KNOW YOU!:smalleek:

Dusk Eclipse
2011-02-14, 02:03 AM
Hey I also remember you!!! apparently I joined when you were about to leave (sep 2009) so

Welcome Back.

Mordokai
2011-02-14, 12:15 PM
A familiar face to be had. A pleasant surprise as well :smallsmile:

Welcome back. Be sure to clean your shoes before coming back in :smalltongue:

RebelRogue
2011-02-18, 07:26 AM
Welcome back :smallsmile:

Lord Loss
2011-02-18, 09:53 AM
Welcome back! I remember you as well.

There's some new site features that might not have been mentioned so far. Like faster searches, multiquote (the " symbol at the bottom) new mods (as mentioned) the departure of old mods (all except Rawhide and Roland St-Jude) and Erfworld has it's own site now! Also, Tears of Blood has been completed (or they stopped working on it? I'm not sure, never been the biggest homebrewer myself, so I didn't bother checking it out) and... I think that's all, really. Perhaps there were changes with the subforums?