PDA

View Full Version : How to flank with ranged attacks

Zaydos
2011-02-09, 01:10 PM
I know there is a way to flank with ranged attacks, but I can't remember how and a player was asking so can the playground help tell me where and what book it can be found in?

Last Laugh
2011-02-09, 01:14 PM
Races of the Wild, Whisperknife. It's a halfling only PrC focused around throwing weapons. Combine it with the Halfling rogue substitution level, and you can manage some nice sneak attack.

Be aware that it only flanks at 10', I can think of no way to increase this.

Cog
2011-02-09, 02:33 PM
There's also the Ranger's Distracting Attack ACF from Player's Handbook II. That'll help your allies, and should count for your own attacks after the first, but the latter bit is a little more open to interpretation.

grarrrg
2011-02-09, 04:34 PM
I know there is a way to flank with ranged attacks, but I can't remember how and a player was asking so can the playground help tell me where and what book it can be found in?

Technically Pathfinder, but this seems almost perfect.

Gang-up (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/gang-up-combat)
You need Int 13, and Combat Expertise. Without straight copy paste, the key bits are "considered flanking....regardless of actual positioning".
The drawback is that you need at least 2 friends to help.

Last Laugh
2011-02-09, 11:00 PM
You need Int 13, and Combat Expertise. Without straight copy paste, the key bits are "considered flanking....regardless of actual positioning".
The drawback is that you need at least 2 friends to help.

OR a horde of angels!

I want to use this feat with legion of sentinels.