PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Please help me with my fighter build

Calmar
2011-02-09, 01:41 PM
Hi!

I'm trying to build a human shield-wielding fighter with 25 pt. point-buy abilities. Game starts at lvl 5, but the outline so far goes as far as lvl 8 (I'm glad about any further suggestions, though).

Both variations focus on shield slamming and bull rushing via Shield Slam (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/shield-slam-combat---final).
I assume the boni from Improved Bullrush and Greater Bull Rush apply to Shield Slam- bull rush attempts, too.

Please tell me your opinions, and whether I made any mistakes I'm not aware of. :smallsmile:

Version a:

The smart tank version. Can increase his AC via Combat Expertise. Trips opponents with his flail + Improved Trip, and bull rushes them with Shield Slam. Also uses bull rush the old-fashioned way, charging to advance to a strategic poition.
Drawback: only one shield bash per round.

Abilities: Str 20 (16+human+level improvements), Dex 15, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 8

1 Power Attack, Two-Weapon Fighting, Combat Expertise
2 Improved Shield Bash
3 Double Slice
4 Improved Trip
5 Improved Bull Rush
6 Shield Slam
7 Greater Bull Rush
8 Shield Focus

Version b:

The "more off-hand attacks" version. Bull rushes with his shield bashs. >> the more off-hand-attacks, the more bull rush attempts via Shield Slam.
Drawback: Too much Dex recquired. No other special attack.
(I'm not too fond of this one, myself.)

Abilities: Str 19 (16+human+level 4), Dex 17 (16+ level 8), Con 14, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 8

1 Two-Weapon Fighting, Power Attack, Improved Shield Bash
2 Improved Bull Rush
3 Double Slice
4 Shield Focus
5 Improved Initiative
6 Shield Slam
7 Greater Bull Rush
8 Improved Two-Weapon Fighting (only now enough Dex)