PDA

View Full Version : Elvencraft Bows and Close Fighting Blades

megabyter5
2011-02-09, 02:12 PM
Races of the Wild introduces these new weapon modifications, both of which let you "double up" on a single weapon. Since it says nothing about not being allowed to have a close fighting blade on an elvencraft bow, I will assume that it is allowed. The descriptions for both say that they must be enchanted separately from the base weapon. So, for example, we can have an item like this:

Dwarvencraft Elvencraft Composite Longbow (+5 str) w/ Close Fighting Blade: 1,600gp

Bow Enchantments: +5 Shocking Burst Composite Longbow (+5 str) of Speed
Quarterstaff Enchantments: +5 Defending Ghost-Touch Quarterstaff of Speed
Dagger Enhancements: +5 Wounding Dagger of Speed

"How can it be Dwarvencraft?", you may ask, if you are a small-minded simpleton. As you should know, Dwarves and Elves are perfectly capable of working together, and a composite longbow can easily fit the requirement of being primarily made of metal. Therefore your question was stupid, and I shall move on.

Now, the listed enhancements are completely arbitrary; the fact that they add up to the maximum non-epic bonus is important. You see, this weapon comes valued at a whopping 601,600 GP.

To my knowledge, there is no way by RAW to have a more expensive non-epic magic weapon than this. I now issue a challenge to the playground: Make this weapon even more expensive, without going epic*. CAN IT BE DONE?

*: Or increasing the strength bonus for the composite longbow. That's just obvious.

Diarmuid
2011-02-09, 03:00 PM
Engraved Pommel +1k
Finder +4800
Dispelling +6k
Spellblade +6k
Hideaway +7500
Anchoring +11300 (Dragon Mag version)
Blindsighted +30k
Doomwarding +38500
Greater Dispelling +79200
Greater Anchoring +80k (Dragon Mag version)

Agility +500
Improved Agility +4k
Greater Agility +8k
Aporter +20k
Averter +13k

Etc etc etc, there are a ton of weapon imporvements in the MIC that dont chew up the an enhance "plus" slot.

Andion Isurand
2011-02-09, 07:22 PM
If you use a Lesser or Greater Truedeath Crystal (MIC), you can get the ghost touch quality that way and leave the +1 spot open for another ability.

I'd suggest making the bow out of Dragonbone as portrayed in the Draconomicon 117... you'll get a greater benefit from that then you'd receive from Dwarvencraft.

I'd suggest making the close fighting blade out of Oerthblood (Drag Mag 351 45).