PDA

View Full Version : Feat/ACF suggestions for build?

Talbot
2011-02-09, 04:15 PM
Ok, so I've got a build pretty much figured out, but I'm not sure what to do with his last few feat slots. Feats in this campaign come at every other level, instead of every third, totaling 10 (11 for human), no flaws. Build is as follows:

Human Unarmed Swordsage 1/Paladin Variant (probably Sentinel, possibly Avenger) 4/Human Paragon 2 (advancing Swordsage)/Shiba Protector 1/Dragon Warrior 10/Human Paragon +1/Swordsage +1

Feats: I get Weapon Focus for free, so to get into my prestige classes I only need Iron Will, Combat Expertise, Alertness, and Improved Toughness. I'm taking Serenity for Wis synergy, and probably Adaptive Style. If I roll a decent Cha, I'll take either Dragon Cohort (which would require Speak Draconic, too), or Leadership, but even if I take all of that it still leaves four feat slots (10 + 1 for being human + 1 for Human Paragon), five if I take the Paladic ACF that gives me bonus feats from a reduced list. I'd like some devotion feats, but not sure which ones yet (leaning towards Animal, Sun, and/or Travel).

Advice?

Andion Isurand
2011-02-09, 06:39 PM
You can get Iron Will from the Otyugh Pit in Complete Scoundrel 151

The Holy Warrior ACF in Complete Champion lets a paladin exchange their spellcasting ability for a feat at 4th, 8th, 11th and 14th level from a list of bonus feats. Extra Turning is one of the feats offered and would help power your devotion feats. Since you only have 4 levels of paladin, it might be something you'd like.

Talbot
2011-02-09, 08:12 PM
...Crap. I misread Human Paragon. Apparently it only advances Spellcasting classes. Oops.

Thinking I'll just replace those level with two actual Swordsage levels and one more level of Avenger. Although it does drop my IL. Crap. Darn.

Saint GoH
2011-02-09, 08:40 PM
Probably going to want Shadowblade from ToB as well. Shiba will give you Wis to atk/dam but why not get dex in there as well? You will need Dexterity anyhow so its not like you are going to get MAD from it. If you decide to go with Assassin's Stance, Craven would give you a good source of bonus damage as it hinges off of character level.

And yeah I was confused by human paragon choice, it doesn't advance other classes JUST spellcasting classes.

+1 to travel devotion and an Extra Turning instead of Paladin casting. If I recall your BAB will be roughly 17 (or more) with this so you will want as much full attacking goodness as you can get.

Talbot
2011-02-09, 08:57 PM
Do I really need Dex? I get Wis to Ref, and x2 to AC, plus my DM uses Unarmored AC rules so at level 20 I have 22+Wisx2 AC, which is likely to be right around 40+. I guess it'd be useful for Initiative, but even that I get a little boost from Swordsage... seems like Con/Str would be more important, and I do love having good Int for extra skillpoints.

The Rabbler
2011-02-09, 09:03 PM
just throwing this out there; uncanny trickster from complete scoundrel lets you get the class features of any class for it's last two levels (two out of three). If you pick a martial adept class, you net 3.5 IL from the three levels and get some skill tricks. If I counted right, that would boost your IL another point.

Talbot
2011-02-09, 09:08 PM
just throwing this out there; uncanny trickster from complete scoundrel lets you get the class features of any class for it's last two levels (two out of three). If you pick a martial adept class, you net 3.5 IL from the three levels and get some skill tricks. If I counted right, that would boost your IL another point.

Yeah, I have that on another build. Unfortunately, it doesn't really fit the fluff/character of this one.

The Rabbler
2011-02-09, 11:25 PM
Yeah, I have that on another build. Unfortunately, it doesn't really fit the fluff/character of this one.

it rarely does.

Saint GoH
2011-02-10, 01:36 AM
Dex powers a lot of your class skills. Plus it is always useful for AC and init. I would rather much dump STR which does nothing for your build then dump dex, which always adds to skills and AC.

Plus i get the sense that this character is a dexterous ninja-y sort.

Talbot
2011-02-10, 01:38 AM
Well, Str adds to my hit and my damage, and yeah, I can make Dex do that... if I burn two feats and stay in a SHadow Hand stance at all times and don't use the Greatsword that lets him use a lot of the class abilities he gets from Dragon Warrior.