View Full Version : Doctor Who, Adventures in Time and Space

DoctorHobo
2011-02-09, 09:17 PM
Welcome, welcome. I have a bit of information to set us up for our game, so give a look at this introductory post, then we'll go to Gerin, Sophie, and then I'll do the resolution round.

"Oh you're gonna love Paris, Sophie," The Doctor shouted above the kicks and wheezes of the TARDIS as he scrambled about the center console, reaching great distances to pull knobs and flip switches, all the while managing to look as if it were nothing but a minor hassle. "It's really beautiful this time of year. Well, no, wait..." He glanced up at the ceiling as he reached to turn a final crank, bringing the TARDIS to a quiet stop. "It's really beautiful this time of year." He flashed the girl a smile and hopped the short distance to the door. The Doctor pushed the doors open and revealed the great scene beyond.

Lights poured in from the exterior, but they weren't streetlights on a snowy Paris night. These were bright LED tubes in an immaculate white building far away from Paris, separated by star systems of space and generations of time.

"Stay right here," The Doctor instructed Sophie, leaning his head outside cautiously and glancing upwards, as though expecting rain. The doors closed behind him when he stepped out, and he set to work studying the scene. He retrieved his sonic screwdriver (a long silver thing with blue at the end) from his trench coat and set to work scouring through a nearby information terminal. "Ahh," he said, tucking away the device as he returned to the TARDIS. The Doctor reached out and pulled the doors open, speaking to the girl he'd left inside. "Change of plans. Today we're visiting a museum." A bright grin crossed his face as he gestured for Sophie to come out with him, though the moment she did, a dull tone sounded from speakers concealed within the walls.

"Alien life forms detected," spoke a calm, mechanical female voice."Alien technology detected."

"What have we got here?" The Doctor asked, glancing around for the source of the voice. Soon, however, another sound came. elevators near and far opened on the level and armed men in security uniforms poured out. A group assembled at the hallway intersection nearest the TARDIS and trained their rifles on the Doctor and Sophie.

"Hands where we can see them!" their leader called, his uniform marked with an additional golden triangle to show his rank. The Doctor sighed and glanced to the TARDIS, close but too far away to run to and avoid the blaster fire. He put his hands on the back of his head and faced Sophie with a look instructing her to do the same.

>>Fade in title theme<< (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CYDgezeQas)

The Doctor and Sophie stood side-by-side in the control room of Gargus Tang, eccentric and wealthy owner of this museum, a self-sufficient installation in orbit around the moon of an inhabitable planet. Gargus looks a bit like Shrek, if Shrek been painted purple and given fancy space robes.

"Now just what do we have here?" Gargus asked, tenting his fingers and glancing over the pair. The Doctor looked around the room to see the nearby guards lowering their weaponry as the man spoke.

"Just travelers," said The Doctor. "We've popped in to take a look at your things and we got a nice eyeful on the way here, so if you'll excuse us, I think we'll be off." Gargus nearly laughed at the man's claim, certainly this man was ignorant to his situation. The laugh hadn't any time to come out however, before it was replaced by shock. The Doctor had quickly reached into his pocket and snatched out his sonic screwdriver. All at once, the power cells within the guns held by the security team exploded into sparks, followed by similar sparks from the nearby consoles, which blinded and disoriented the men.

In this confusion, the Doctor grabbed Sophie by the arm and snatched her out of the room, taking off in a full run down the hallway. As they ran, exhibits sprang open on their left and right, doors sprang open and closed, water sprinklers switched on and off. The museum's systems were in disarray now, and the computer switched on its emergency lights and blared an alarm to alert the control room of its many failures.

"Get them! Get them!" Gargus called out, sending his men, now recovered in their faculties, out into the museum to find them. The Doctor brought Sophie along confusing twists and turns, all the while keeping in mind the route back to the TARDIS. He ducked into a small room containing a single set piece, waiting for advancing soldiers to run by.

As he waited, the exhibit in the room, a huge man-sized storage device, hissed and sprayed out frost as its front opened. Inside, being released from metal restraints, stood a man in naught but a small pair of shorts of a wetsuit-like material. He was covered in electrodes and appeared to be returning to consciousness, something he hadn't done in a long time.

Alrighty! Sorry if you felt Railroaded there, horngeek, but I didn't want to have us going several rounds with Jallorn still in stasis. Now we can slow things down and get to business.

horngeek
2011-02-09, 09:38 PM
Sophie looks at the Doctor. "Do you ever land where you're intending to?"

Then, she sees the man. "...oh. Doctor..."

Jallorn
2011-02-09, 09:47 PM
Gerin shakes his head a couple times, then tries to speak, Whglrblupha? He squints his eyes, a frustrated look on his face as he tries again, Where the hell am I? he manages to get out, just barely intelligible. He blinks a few more times before his vision seems to clear up, he looks at The Doctor and Sophie, Torchwood! This is Torchwood!

horngeek
2011-02-09, 09:49 PM
"What's Torchwood? And how do we get you down from there?"

Jallorn
2011-02-09, 11:23 PM
"What's Torchwood? And how do we get you down from there?"

OOCDown from where? The restraints have already released.

Also, we should have an OOC thread.

horngeek
2011-02-09, 11:38 PM
{{Okay. Her first question still applies}}
"And who are you, anyway?"

Jallorn
2011-02-10, 07:33 PM
This has got to be Torchwood... Gerin, I go by Gerin. I know! If you aren't Torchwood people, you must be intruders who came intruder window.

I know, I'm sorry, it's a bit contrived, but I could resist it.:smalltongue::smallredface:

Jallorn
2011-02-12, 04:18 PM
*poke-bump?*