PDA

View Full Version : [D&D3.5] Blighter-friendly/Good Blighter PRCs

Coidzor
2011-02-09, 09:34 PM
Do any exist? And yes, I know Blighter is weak as kittens. Just struck my passing fancy to become curious about it.

Stallion
2011-02-09, 11:03 PM
Hexer, out of Masters of the Wild. That is, if you don't mind 3.0 and can find a way to get ahold of lightning bolt. Vermin Lord, if you don't mind having a slower casting progression. Hierophant, although that'd just kinda add a few perks rather than actually improve the class. Cancer Mage for a bit, although it'd just add abilities rather than casting ability.

WinWin
2011-02-09, 11:40 PM
The hardest part about Blighter is getting entry to the class.

A straight Druid entry will leave your character severely underpowered for their level and also leave less room for any potential customisation.

Ex Druid is easy. Burn at least 1 druid level. 3rd level druid spells is a little trickier. It requires a permissive DM and the use of PHB2 retraining or classes like Spirit Shaman or Archivist. There may even be a relatively fast progression class that grants access to Druid Spells. This may prove to be a better entry point.

Blighter Spellcasting is fast progression, but hardly overwhelming. It does possess a few gems though.

In my opinion, the better feature of Blighter is their Wild Shape ability. Functions as the Druid ability but adds a skeletal template. Prestige classes that improve Wildshape such as Master of Many Forms or Natures Warrior enhance even the basic ability greatly. Even with fast casting progression, your spells are going to be relatively inferior due to the limited list, so the abilities of these PrC's become slightly more attractive.

Even if 10 levels of Master of Many Forms is taken, The Shapechange Spell remains superior in every respect except duration.

If you decide to focus on casting, then focus on methods of expanding your spell list. Sand Shaper is an Arcane PrC, but it is thematic and adds quite a number of spells to your list of Known Spells. No text prevents them from being added to the Blighter List, though your probably require a lenient DM.

Just a couple of thoughts. Hope this guides you a little.