PDA

View Full Version : Ranged Sneak Attack

Vorpalbob
2011-02-09, 10:34 PM
In the D20 Modern Core rulebook, it states that ranged Sneak Attacks can only be attempted if the target is less than 30 feet away.

What I am asking is, would it be fair to say that a character with, say, the Precise Shot feat can acheive Sneak Attacks at a further range, say 60 ft?

Also, I've forgotten, but is there a class feature/feat or somesuch that would give a sniper bonus damage?

Typewriter
2011-02-09, 10:39 PM
I know of no way, by RAW, to increase SA range, but one thing I have allowed in the past is that every 10 ft. beyond standard SA range a character wants to attempt the AC increases by 5.

RTGoodman
2011-02-09, 10:43 PM
I've not seen a RAW way to increase that range. The only feat that comes to mind (and it's from 3.5 Players Handbook II, not d20 Modern) is Deadeye Sniper, which lets you get SA/Skirmish if you ready an attack to shoot the target when an ally hits it with an attack.

Akal Saris
2011-02-09, 10:50 PM
I'm not aware of any d20 Modern abilities to increase sneak attack range, though a house rule for sniper scopes or something would be appropriate.

In 3.5, besides the Deadeye Sniper feat there is also a 1st level wiz spell that increases it to 60ft, as well as a 3rd or 4th level assassin spell that does that as well as some other minor abilities.

Last Laugh
2011-02-09, 10:51 PM
It might not be exactly what you're looking for, but Sniper's Shot (SpC pg 194) is a level 1 ranger/assassin/sorcerer spell that allows sneak attack at any range. Swift action casting, and 1 round duration.

TroubleBrewing
2011-02-09, 11:03 PM
It seems like d20 modern doesn't offer any options, but I'm sure if you work with your DM to re-make any of several feats from D&D to fit, it'll work just fine.